SQ Blaster Plugin for Vera - Almost Working

[quote=“guessed, post:20, topic:169579”]@ teonebello,
See attached. I haven’t tested them, but visually they look about right.

I'm not able to run the XML transformer.
Can you paste screenshots of the specific problem you're having from the online service?

I’d like to fix any problems at the source, and I rely upon users like yourself showing me the problems you’re having so I can address them. It’s help from users like yourself that let me improve the processes (etc)

ie. it’s not practical to manually convert everyone’s files, so I do it in order to get the problem test cases.

Please provide screenshots at your earliest convenience.

I should send some swiss chocolate as gift :-)
Appreciated, but no need. My Mrs travels to Europe all the time, more chocolate & wine than we can poke a stick at ;)[/quote]

Hi Guessed,

first thanks.

Bit I have an issue. I created the device as per screenshot. Vera said device create, e.g. ID 209. I see the device and as soon as I reload is gone. Then trying to recreate the device i receive the same ID, e.g. 209. Very strange.

Matteo

You don’t specify the Parent Device during device creation. That will do bad things… honestly I have no idea why they put that into the Developer dialog anyhow, but that’s another story.

PS: The “IR Transmitter” (aka “SQBlaster”) isn’t the parent, it’s just associated (manually by you), at a later stage, as the IR Transmitter element of the “IR Device” (JVC TV or whatever)

Hi to those who know what they are asking about! I don’t… Guessed, I tried following your instructions to link my SQBP Pro with my Vera3 (latest firmware) and after a couple of false starts all was fine - to a point. I now see the blaster and four more IR’s in Mios, but where from here? I have a load of dnnnnnnn.xml files from my Box.net backup, and understand from John at Squareconnect t that I need to upload these to the Vera. I have done so with one, and it shows up at first on the display, but later seems to disappear. What I can’t find anywhere, and John was unable to help with this, was a full set of instructions from start to being able to see he available commands for each device. Is this anywhere for a real novice like me to follow please? One caveat - I tank the de ice file I have uploaded is a learned one, basically my Sky NZ box which doesn’t work with the standard code st in the SQ Blaster. Here’s hoping you can point me in the right direction! Cheers, Rob

I think you first need to convert the xml files from box.net. Then you upload the two created files to the vera. Then on the vera you create a new device using these files. After that you can use scenes to execute the commands.

I think all the links needed are included in the first post of this thread.

Thanks Chixxi, but that’s exactly what I’ve done, I took the inputs guessed kindly provided, added a device file from my box backup and loaded the output file to my vera. My question is what next, I can see the file there in the listing of apps, but I’m missing what next? I appreciate your prompt reply, it’s lonely out here!

Just a thought, do I need the D and I files? I read somewhere that as the I was input to the second transform I just needed the D file? I’ve been trying again, and I do the create device bit, specifying the D file, I don’t specify a parent, and then in devices I see my new device. After I edit it to say what the parent is (SQ Blaster) and save, the device disappears. Even when I can see it, where are the commands that it can issue, e.g. Volume up/down - I see nothing but the device name. Thanks again!

Yes, you just need the D and I files, which you create out of the xml files from box.net. So far it seems like you are doing everything correctly.

You need to create scenes to execute the commands. Create a new scene, then go to the advanced tab. Select the device you created out of the D and i files, then add it. Then it should provide you with a list of the available commands. Select one, then save the scene. One you execute the scene the commands should be sent.

Many thanks - again! I now have the files there, but when I go to the new scene section, the device (and others) are greyed out, and when I select the Advanced tab the device is not in the drop down list to select. I’m using UI5. I feel I must be so close but missing something simple!

If you created the device it should be in the list. Try reloading your lua engine again (top right reload button in UI5), then clear your browsers cache and reload UI5.

I was able to successfully control my Sony Bravia KDL-55NX720 using the SQ Blaster Plus and my Vera Lite UI5 and these instructions. I wanted to turn my TV on and off with a scene. It was confusing for me to follow the thread of this post, so I will summarize how I did this:

1. From the Vera UI5 web control panel I installed the SQ Blaster plugin via the menu apps > install apps
  2. I downloaded the files proved in reply #7 by Chixxi (thank you for providing these files)
  3. I uploaded these files to my Vera using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > Luup files
  4. I created a new device (Sony TV) using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > create device. I roughly followed the print screen from reply #20 by Teonebellow, but I ONLY filled in the description, upnp devicefile name, upnp implementation filename, and room.
  5. I then modified the new device (Sony TV) using the UI5 menu devices and added the SQ Blaster plugin as the infrared transmitter on the settings tab.
  6. I then created a new scene > advanced > selected my device (Sony TV) and then selected action of OnOff to toggle TV on. I then added a delay to this scene of 180 minutes and again selected the Sony TV with action of OnOff to turn TV off.
  7. When I call this scene, the TV goes on and then goes off 180 minutes later.

Thank you all for your help. I hope my reply will help any other newbies out there to do the same.

HI All

Just transformed the DEVxxxx file
now i got 3 files

devLOGITECH
D_LOGITECH
I_LOGITECH
changed the name inside of the dev and D_ files to devLOGITECH

1. I uploaded these files to my Vera using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > Luup files
  2. I created a new device (LOGITECH) using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > create device. I roughly followed the print screen from reply #20 by Teonebellow, but I ONLY filled in the description, upnp devicefile name, upnp implementation filename, and room.
  3. I then modified the new device (LOGITECH) using the UI5 menu devices and added the SQ Blaster plugin as the infrared transmitter on the settings tab.

NOthing hapens!!! Were are the comands of my Logitech? on/off, volume up down?

i can only use the 4x ir emmiter at the back of the SQ? to control more devices i must use the IR cable spliters?
the regular blaster wont work?

PLease help its the last thing a need to do here =)

[quote=“Gordon, post:30, topic:169579”]I was able to successfully control my Sony Bravia KDL-55NX720 using the SQ Blaster Plus and my Vera Lite UI5 and these instructions. I wanted to turn my TV on and off with a scene. It was confusing for me to follow the thread of this post, so I will summarize how I did this:

1. From the Vera UI5 web control panel I installed the SQ Blaster plugin via the menu apps > install apps
  2. I downloaded the files proved in reply #7 by Chixxi (thank you for providing these files)
  3. I uploaded these files to my Vera using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > Luup files
  4. I created a new device (Sony TV) using the UI5 menu apps > develop apps > create device. I roughly followed the print screen from reply #20 by Teonebellow, but I ONLY filled in the description, upnp devicefile name, upnp implementation filename, and room.
  5. I then modified the new device (Sony TV) using the UI5 menu devices and added the SQ Blaster plugin as the infrared transmitter on the settings tab.
  6. I then created a new scene > advanced > selected my device (Sony TV) and then selected action of OnOff to toggle TV on. I then added a delay to this scene of 180 minutes and again selected the Sony TV with action of OnOff to turn TV off.
  7. When I call this scene, the TV goes on and then goes off 180 minutes later.

Thank you all for your help. I hope my reply will help any other newbies out there to do the same.[/quote]

Gordon, Does the HDMI 1 input work for you on the 55NX720 using the device? I’m using the 40NX720 and the TV acknowledges receipt of the code, however, it does not switch to the HDMI inout. I’ve searched everywhere and cannot find the discrete UEI code for HDMI 1, HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 anywhere.