SQ Blaster Direct Wiring to Aton

Anyone know if I can directly wire from one of the IR Blaster wires directly into an IR input such as on an Aton Speaker Selector?

In case anyone is interested I did directly wire the SQ Blaster IR output (Red to IR and Black to Ground) to the ATON IR input for Room 1 and it worked brilliantly. I can now control the DLA4 directly from SQ Remote.

Can you only control room 1 or does that single wire allow you to control all zones? I am thinking about picking the 6 zone up and was wondering about that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Single connection allows control of all zones/rooms using discrete IR codes, which are available in SQ Blaster. In my setup I can control all 4 zones/rooms using the one connection to Room 1 IR.

Just a warning, direct wiring like I did , although it works and does not appear to create any permanent harm, did reduce the reliability of the SQ Blaster requiring almost hourly reboots. Now that I wired in an IR sensor for the ATON and left SQ Blaster just sending IR signals it is much more reliable.

@Chimpware, not surprised it affected the reliability… I can’t recommend doing any wiring like this… For those who are interested, I’d be happy to send them the schematic of the ‘output’ driver. Basically, we have a 5 V supply from the USB power supply that is connected to a 36ohm resistor and goes to the center pin of the jack. the outer connector is connected to a switching FET that when turned ‘on’ by the blaster, switches it to ‘ground’.

I would suggest that a small opto coupler or similar may be the best way of interfacing to these types of devices…

Mat