Sq Blaster connection

His guys,

Checking the log of my Vera 3, I saw that the sq blaster plug in I checking the connection with the puck/sq blaster every exactly minute.

Is it not much? Is it not an useless charge for vera?

Is it possible to change the frequent every 180 minutes?

Thank you
Regards
Matteo

The newer SQBlaster+ models have a Temperature Sensor. It’s not listed in the featureset but it’s there.

The frequency of polling is to keep the Temperature Sensor data reasonably current so people can make decisions off it (turn of AV Gear, alert people, control Forced-air systems etc).

It’s currently wired into the Plugin code, with no method to override it (but I’ll consider adding it in a future release)

I like the temp feature and would like to see it made into a proper child device in future.

I’ve been keeping an eye on what temp mine reports, and how close it is an Oregon Scientific one, and its always within a couple of degrees F so far!

It already is a proper device child. I used the same logic to create it that I used in the Weather plugin…

But it doesn’t show up though, I can see its value in the advanced tab or the blaster, but that’s all!

Did you only enable the child device recently perhaps?

*goes away to double check the clutter in my dashboard for correctness of the above statement

My bad, it was there after all! 8)

Yup. Been there since the day I modded the plugin for SQBlaster+ as shown in the screencap image on code.mios.com. … I was trying to be subtle, since that was an unadvertised feature of the device. Handy though.

Didn’t see it the first time I looked, and I guess it got lost in the sea of RFXtrx related sensors mines picked up in the neighborhood :slight_smile:

I’ve added a Parameter that can be manually setup, for folks that want to change the reporting/polling period.

The Variable has the following details:
ServiceId: [tt]urn:squareconnect-com:serviceId:SQBlaster1[/tt]
Variable: [tt]Period[/tt] (datatype Number, units Seconds, default [tt]60[/tt])

Folks can manually create this under the Advanced tab of the Device, and give it a value (seconds) that is used for the delay between refreshes of the SQBlaster/SQBlaster+ data. The default is 60 seconds.

This is checked into SVN under the revision:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster/changeset/49/

with the raw source:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster/export/49/trunk/I_SQBlaster1.xml

When I next get around to publishing the plugin to apps.mios.com, this will be included. Otherwise people can use the old techniques to upload it if they want to try this functionality.

[quote=“guessed, post:2, topic:171733”]The newer SQBlaster+ models have a Temperature Sensor. It’s not listed in the featureset but it’s there.

The frequency of polling is to keep the Temperature Sensor data reasonably current so people can make decisions off it (turn of AV Gear, alert people, control Forced-air systems etc).

It’s currently wired into the Plugin code, with no method to override it (but I’ll consider adding it in a future release)[/quote]

Hi - that’s a handy feature; unfortunately mine is reporting a temperature of 176. Is it broken, or have I not configured something properly?

I’m not sure why it would report that. You’d need to circle back with SquareConnect to get that worked out, but bear in mind that it’s not an advertised feature of their product.

I produced the Temperature object as I saw the value in their data-stream and thought it might be handy to display it.

[quote=“guessed, post:9, topic:171733”]I’ve added a Parameter that can be manually setup, for folks that want to change the reporting/polling period.

The Variable has the following details:
ServiceId: [tt]urn:squareconnect-com:serviceId:SQBlaster1[/tt]
Variable: [tt]Period[/tt] (datatype Number, units Seconds, default [tt]60[/tt])

Folks can manually create this under the Advanced tab of the Device, and give it a value (seconds) that is used for the delay between refreshes of the SQBlaster/SQBlaster+ data. The default is 60 seconds.

This is checked into SVN under the revision:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster/changeset/49/

with the raw source:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster/export/49/trunk/I_SQBlaster1.xml

When I next get around to publishing the plugin to apps.mios.com, this will be included. Otherwise people can use the old techniques to upload it if they want to try this functionality.

[quote=“guessed, post:2, topic:171733”]The newer SQBlaster+ models have a Temperature Sensor. It’s not listed in the featureset but it’s there.

It’s currently wired into the Plugin code, with no method to override it (but I’ll consider adding it in a future release)[/quote][/quote]

Thank you for the fat support.

Do you know when you will release in the app store?

Otherwise I can upload manually the xml, change it in the devices. Then where should I add the parameter and in which exact field? Maybe a screenshot?

Thank you!!!
Matteo

I’m waiting to bundle it with other patches, since it’s painful to deal with apps.mios.com (from the developer side of things), so I tend to try and minimize interactions with it.

The Variable details are listed above, you just go into the Advanced Tab of the device, scroll to the bottom, and use the blank fields there to add them.

The Variable has the following details: ServiceId: urn:squareconnect-com:serviceId:SQBlaster1 Variable: Period (datatype Number, units Seconds, default 60)

Is it possible to report the temperature in degrees Celsius?

It’s not directly exposed in the UI, but you can do this:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10636.msg74112.html#msg74112

Actually I’d request that the Temperature sensor reported the temperature in the localisation set degrees.
I have read the other link (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10636.msg74112.html#msg74112) which seems to be saying that this was fixed in May 2012 but was awaiting confirmation that its fixed.I’ve just used the Install Apps page to download this so maybe the change hasn’t been released yet.

The 0.32 version that’s in apps.mios.com (using SVN r48) has the required changes. The UI doesn’t give a nice editor for the Metric value that it needs, so you’ll need to set it explicitly (and using the exact case/text specified) via the Advanced tab of the device… then Save before seeing the changes.

If it still doesn’t work, please attach a screenshot of the Device’s Advanced tab showing the settings that you’ve entered.

Guessed, yes very subtle on this addition and it’s great! Can you define the difference between “Temperature” and “Current Temperature” in the plugin itself. Thanks for all of your contributions to this forum!

@techsan,
A quick explanation of the two temperature variables:

[ul][li]“[tt]CurrentTemperature[/tt]” - Generic UPnP
is for the child device, and it uses the UPnP ServiceId “[tt]urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1[/tt]”. This allows standard control points to “see” the temperature value, without needing to write Plugin-specific drivers.[/li]
[li]“[tt]Temperature[/tt]” - SQBlaster specific
is for the parent device, and it uses a custom UPnP ServiceId “[tt]urn:squareconnect-com:serviceId:SQBlaster1[/tt]”. This is the same SID that I hang all the other SQBlaster information ([tt]Name, FirmwareVersion, FirmwareData, MAC, Antenna, SyslogEnabled, SyslogIP and Status[/tt]). If anyone had already scripted against these, I was just making it easier for them to get the temperature also (for SQBlaster+ devices, at least) [/li][/ul]

They’re both internally set to the same value, so they’re inter-changable from that perspective.