Sorry Node Reports its Busy

Just replaced a Levitron switches since it was periodically generating “Sorry Node Reports its Busy”, the new switch is also displaying the same message, what could be the issue?

Open a ticket, it has something to do with Vera. Vera has known about it for months.

I’ve seent his with Leviton devices. Did they fix it for you? What was the fix?

Hi Guys,

I don’t want to be the negative guy in the party but this error occurs when Vera sends a command to a device, and device reports Ack as busy. This is not a bug in Vera software . This happens for example with garage door openers who have “dead times” defined by manufacturer so you can’t trigger too fast in a short period of time.

I;ve seen it indeed with switches as well, and the only solution is to exclude the device, reset it if possible, and re-include.

John M,

I don’t think the problem is the message itself. I expect this message if I send two commands to my garage opener with a very short interval. The problem with the Vera is that the message does not go away almost no matter what. It sticks there forever even after I send a command to poll or configure the device. The “poll success” or Configuration completed" messages show up behind the red “Sorry Node Reports its Busy”. It is more of an annoyance than anything and does not affect functionality but it is an eye sore for people who look at the UI.

@rafale77

I see, thank you. I will have this reported to our devs to see what is this about.

That might be true if the message is only an aesthetic one. But if the device does not respond, it’s still an issue with that device.

[quote=“rafale77, post:5, topic:194286”]John M,

I don’t think the problem is the message itself. I expect this message if I send two commands to my garage opener with a very short interval. The problem with the Vera is that the message does not go away almost no matter what. It sticks there forever even after I send a command to poll or configure the device. The “poll success” or Configuration completed" messages show up behind the red “Sorry Node Reports its Busy”. It is more of an annoyance than anything and does not affect functionality but it is an eye sore for people who look at the UI.[/quote]

This seems to be how mine is. It does seem to work. Does Vera think something is wrong with it? This device has performed flawlessly for years with HomeSeer.

This is like your 5th post today talking about how problem free and versatile your Homeseer installation was.

I’m curious about why you switched away from Homeseer?

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:8, topic:194286”]This is like your 5th post today talking about how problem free and versatile your Homeseer installation was.

I’m curious about why you switched away from Homeseer?[/quote]

::slight_smile:

[quote=“Sorin, post:4, topic:194286”]Hi Guys,

I don’t want to be the negative guy in the party but this error occurs when Vera sends a command to a device, and device reports Ack as busy. This is not a bug in Vera software . This happens for example with garage door openers who have “dead times” defined by manufacturer so you can’t trigger too fast in a short period of time.

I;ve seen it indeed with switches as well, and the only solution is to exclude the device, reset it if possible, and re-include.[/quote]

I am now receiving these notification from a 6-year old Leviton switch. It controls my Kitchen Ceiling Lights just fine but now I?m getting error messages on the Vera Mobile App that says:

Success! Transmit was ok.
Sorry, the node reports it?s busy. Please try again later.

On the VeraMate app, Kitchen Ceiling shows up with a red background.

And now my Alexa groups that contain the Kitchen Ceiling node are failing quite often with a

Sorry, something went wrong.

It?s like the node is not properly reporting back it?s status. I know you said to Exclude, Reset, then Include again. Is this a long-term fix or should I just swap this obsolete switch with another one that I have in stock?

I guess I?m asking … do switches go bad after awhile?

THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE BEST SUPPORT POLICY ANYWHERE! It?s the main reason why I constantly recommend Vera products over all other hubs!

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have done exactly that to my Leviton switch and it comes back, so your solution to exclude, reset, and re-include does not work. Any other ideas?

[quote=“Sorin, post:6, topic:194286”]@rafale77

I see, thank you. I will have this reported to our devs to see what is this about.

That might be true if the message is only an aesthetic one. But if the device does not respond, it’s still an issue with that device.[/quote]

I am indeed still occasionally seeing this. It has never been fixed. I understand why you want to report the error but once it is reported, it doesn?t clear until you do a Luup reload. Another long standing bug…

I too have this issue with one of my Schlage locks. The problem only started recently. The lock has been working fine for almost 2 years. I really wish there is a fix for this.

So are there any solutions to this? I seem to have the same issue with a Leviton ceiling fan controller. I’ve seen a few threads but no solutions.

It seems like a benign ‘error’ that could be ignored (as it states, try later) but vera just doesn’t ever clear the error message.

@Sorin, I am still regularly getting annoyed by this cosmetic issue. Can you please get the devs to fix it? It is about having this message stay for ever until the next luup reload. It should clear itself instead of continuously repeating itself on the UI.

1 Like

Just ran across this while trying to figure out if anyone else is experiencing similar problems. I’ve been working with tech support ever since upgrading to the latest software. I was having Geo fencing issues and was told it will be taken care of with the latest update. Unfortunately, it has been one of the worst updates. Almost all the switches, dimmers and receptacles that I have are Leviton brand. They have been working fine for years but for the past 12-14 months “Sorry node is busy, try again” message has been popping up and keeping Vera busy. When it happens, a chime associated with a open door or window is delayed and sometimes it doesn’t even take run, but then two hours later I might open the front door and it might chime 3-4 times. Anyhow, this is what tech support said about the issue in my case.

" Regarding “Sorry, the node reports it’s busy.” I noticed that the following devices send two commands at a time: SetTarget and LoadLevelTarget, which is not correct, only dimmers have to use LoadLevelTarget."

Keep in mind that I never made any changes to the settings of these switches and so LoadLevelTaget parameter was set for a switch when it joined the network. I should point out that these changes did not resolve my problem, in fact Vera keeps loosing it’s time and date so all time related scenes fail to run. I for one am of the belief that the latest firmware is behind most of these issues.

Thanks Rafale. I’m looking at this

1 Like

I have a fleet of Leviton switches as well. As described above - seems like a GUI issue, as the switch responds when the red banner is shown. It is reasonable to expect a momentary interruption in communication, but the GUI never seems to recover from that. I’ve tried the exclude/include shenanigans, but it always re-appears over time. Seems to happen to a single or multiple Leviton switches concurrently. I’d be way happier with my Vera if this was dealt with.
Thanks @Sorin for your attention to this one!

I thought it was just me! I have a few Leviton switches and they’re doing the same.

Thanks Sorin. I am looking forward to an update on this one… as you can see it’s been an annoyance for years.