Sonos TTS App will not work without Neural Voice option

Hello Rigpapa
Are you aware that Azure is dropping non neural voices in August of 2024?
I know we have some time yet but am wondering will this effect the TTS code once we choose one of the Nueral voices that are supported by your wonderful app? They have even more choices of inflection for some of the neural voice options you list in your app. ( worried, happy, nervous…)
I’m happy with Jenny neural :slight_smile:
Just hoping no update in the app is required come August 2024…
Cheers

Standard Voice will be retired on 31 August 2024 – Upgrade to Neural Voice

You’re receiving this email because you may be using standard voices of Text-to-Speech, a capability of Speech service within Azure Cognitive Services.

Text-to-Speech currently supports both standard and neural voices. However, since the neural voices provide more natural sounding speech output, and thus, a better end-user experience, we’re retiring the standard voices on 31 August 2024 and they’ll no longer be supported after that date.

Hello @lakewoodjazz

Thank you for contacting eZLO Smarter Home Control’s support.

We are not sure about it, but let me tag @rigpapa for you.

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

I’m aware. You can use any voice you want. Just choose “user-supplied/custom value” from the voices menu, and enter the ID (short name) of the voice you want to use in the text entry field that appears (e.g. en-US-JennyNeural).

I will not be updating the menu, since Ezlo is no longer actively developing the legacy firmware.