Sonos support?

I have seen some posts regarding Sonos support in HomeWave and wonder what the latest plans are? Could we hope to see this implemented in the future?

I’m unfamiliar with the functionality of Sonos in Vera (maybe I have to ask Santa for one :slight_smile: ). What kind of control would you want in HomeWave?

With some luck I’ll be able to pick up my new Sonos set tomorrow. The next version of HomeWave is about ready to be sent to the App Store but perhaps I will be able to add support for Sonos before then. My aim is to mimic the control presented by the Vera plugin at least.

Sorry for not getting back sooner. The holiday festivities have taken precious time from the home automation project. :wink:

Glad to hear you’re getting into Sonos. Santa brought me a Play:1 so another reason to wish for Sonos support in Homewave.

I think your suggestion sounds like a real good way to start, will be happy to try it out.

That wasn’t too hard :slight_smile: Next version will have basic Sonos support:

• Volume control (using a Dimmer device)
  • Mute (using a binary switch)
  • Play/Stop etc (using a new AV control)
  • Info (using the Multi Value display)

To add: ability to pick playlists + optional stop & mute buttons in the control.

Of of curiosity… The slider, is that for changing the volume? How do you change the “dimmer ring” to that one?

The slider is for volume. You can change the appearance (ring, slider, up/down buttons) in the control’s properties.

The slider is for volume. You can change the appearance (ring, slider, up/down buttons) in the control’s properties.[/quote]
Got it! Thanks.

[quote=“intveltr, post:5, topic:178364”]That wasn’t too hard :slight_smile: Next version will have basic Sonos support:

• Volume control (using a Dimmer device)
  • Mute (using a binary switch)
  • Play/Stop etc (using a new AV control)
  • Info (using the Multi Value display)

To add: ability to pick playlists + optional stop & mute buttons in the control.[/quote]
How would one display only album art in a tile?

That’s not possible at the moment. Maybe it’ll come at some point, I am in the process of revamping some of the A/V stuff

I was thinking I could use the web tile feature somehow, but I can’t figure out how to make it work.