Sonos plugin - version 1.4 released

The version 1.4 of the Sonos plugin is now available.

You can download the ZIP file at the bottom of this page: 1.4 in tags – Sonos Wireless HiFi Music Systems
Please note that the “services” subdirectory in this archive is unnecessary.

This version will be available in the MiOS app store later.

What’s new in version 1.4:

[ol][li]
Fix: Google TTS engine
[/li]
[li]
Fix: group management for Playbar
[/li]
[li]
Fix: zone name with special XML characters like & < > ’ or "
[/li]
[li]
Fix: compatibility with Vera firmware 7.0.11
[/li]
[li]
New Microsoft Translator TTS engine
[/li]
[li]
New MaryTTS engine
[/li]
[li]
New language per country for TTS
[/li][/ol]

Loaded just fine. Tried Microsoft TTS and it worked a few times for me then quit. i returned to google for TTS.

V1.4 has just been released in the app store. State is “Pending approval”. So should be really available in few days.

I have had 2 lockups after this new version. The night of this release and install and last night.

V1.4 was approved and so should be available in the store.

This new version only includes minor technical changes, that means there is no reason for impacting Vera stability more than with version 1.3.

OK. Thanks. Will call support.

Sonos TTS died again couple weeks ago, I manually downloaded 1.4, created a new device, but still unable to get speech, even if I type in the plugin itself to test TTS. Any ideas on how to solve this please?

Sonos TTS is working well but you have to switch to another engine than Google. Usage of Google TTS is now very limited, probably a wish of Google to reduce such of our usage.

@loldomo, glad you made mention of limited usage, I’ve too noticed spotty service over the last months using google TTS, which one are you recommending that will provide consistent service and has variate of voices? Mike

How do I use the Microsoft TTS, do I just select it in the settings and that’s it, or do I need to enter other settings detail. DO I need a client ID and a Client secret, and if so how do I get that? I tried just selecting Microsoft in the settings but nothing happens.

Microsoft Translator.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33223.0.html
Yes, you have to set client id and client secret.

Thanks @lolodomo I have it all setup and everything works great. I have another question however concerning using 2 say statement in a luup code. I have the code below
luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “PlayURI”,
{URIToPlay=“x-file-cifs://presidiocloud/veradata/dogbarking.mp3”,GroupZones=“ALL”, Volume=100},
108)

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“Someone is at the front door”, Language=“en”, GroupZones=“ALL”,Volume=100},
108)
However when it executes no matter where I place the Say or PlayUri command, the two commands run into each other and one gets executed. Is there a way to pause between execution ?

luup.sleep ?

thanks, I was afraid to use it because elsewhere in the forums others were saying that vera would reboot sometimes thinking that execution was blocked. I’ll try this.

I just updated the wiki page to describe how to setup and use the new TTS engines (Microsoft Transmator and MaryTTS).
I added a note relative to Google service:

Google service is already not working every time (generally only few times per day) and may be removed at any time

Please duplicate or move your post here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33222.msg243357.html#msg243357

Removed and placed in the above thread as requested. The reason I did not originally post there was that the form software bitched at me Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you’re sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. when I tried to post it there.

After updated to 1.4 (Auto Update), I found TTS using zh-hk can’t speak in Cantonese. It speaks same as zh-tw. 1.3 is normal. Is it related to some change on language code inside?

I’ve been unable to get the zones grouped via Lua using PlayURI. It does work for “Say”. Anyone know a solution for this?

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1", "Say",
                 {Text="TEST.", Language="en-CA", GroupZones="ALL",
                  Volume=65, SameVolumeForAll="true"},
                 51)

But this does not. Only device 51 plays the FR and nothing groups.

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1", "PlayURI", {URIToPlay="FR:Virgin Radio 96 FM 95.9 (Hot AC)"}, GroupZones="ALL",
                  Volume=65, SameVolumeForAll="true"},
                 51)