SONOS Plug in problems

Hello Guys

First of all Thank you for the great plug in

I have bought SONOS and i really want to integrate it to my vera
I have followed the instructions in the plug in page unfortunately the plug in is not working :frowning:
after creating the device. It appears it is a normal device nothing special inside only IP in the setting section
(No play stop Mute … buttons)

I have vera3 Firmware 1.5.408
Please help

Regards

Did you reload LUA engine (reload button) after creation ? Did you clear your browser cache (Ctrl + F5) ?
Did you create your device using D_Sonos1.xml as device file ? If you did, you should see several tabs including a “Player” tab and “Help” tab.

How did you create the device?

I did all that
exactly step by step

I have created the device the usual way
adding a description and the the dev file D_Sonos1.xm

I can only add the IP of my sonos but no lables to press

[quote=“therealabdo”]I did all that
exactly step by step

I have created the device the usual way
adding a description and the the dev file D_Sonos1.xm

I can only add the IP of my sonos but no lables to press[/quote]

Is that a typo or did you use D_Sonos1.xml which is the correct one.

no this a typing mistake
sry for that

what do you recommend now?

Can you open the advanced tab of your device and tell us what is the value for device_type and device_file ?

Do you get some messages in the logs relative to a bad starting of the plugin or something else that could help us to determine what you have done wrong ?

I assume you have not uploaded correctly all the required file. In the dashboard windows showing your luup files, can you count how many _Sonos.* files you have ? You should find 10 files.

(sorry for my late reply)

device_type generic_device
device_file D_Sonos1.xml

I have copied/pasted them

I have counted the files and they are 10 :frowning:
Also there is no any message in the log files

I have delelted the files and re uploaded them and the same problem

Have you used scp to copy lua files to your unit? This will result in a non-comressed variant of the file aswell.

I’m not really sure how Vera handles if you have both a compressed and a non-compressed variant of the same lua/xml/js file.

i have un compressed the files first and followed exactly the instructions :frowning:
still no luck

when you downloaded the files did you download the zip archive or did you do one file at a time?

Basic instructions:
Download the zip file
Extract file to uncompressed in a folder
Upload file to Vera using normal Vera function expect for the icon (.png) and mp3 files.
Use scp to copy the icon and mp3 file to your Vera.

Can someone walk me through installing the mp3 and png files. I see it says to use winscp, but what do I have to put into winscp to connect appropriately? When I use the try to connect to the vera IP, it does not accept the password. How do I connect to upload the files?

Have a look at the attachment here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13232.msg103797.html#msg103797