Sonoff Zigbee

Hi there. I already saw here some question about sonoff integration.
I have Vera Plus, if i buy sonoff devices with zigbee protocol, do i need sonoff zigbee bridge or not. The products work directly with vera plus?

Thank you

Continuing the discussion from Sonoff Zigbee:

At the moment, only EZLO hubs support sonoff devices. EZLO is a multiprotocol smart home gateway and does not need an additional Zigbee bridge.

The ZBmini works with Vera Plus!

It was a very strange installation as it refused to stabilize for several hours(continuously configuring), and then suddenly it started to work flawlessly.

• even the momentary switch mode works, which it should not according to Sonoff.

Not so easy…
When trying to install my second MiniZB, I just cannot make it work. The first one continues to be flawless.

How can I best compare the two at a deeper and significant level?
I have compared variables and attributes as found in the Altui interface.

• No major differences.

EDIT/SOLUTION:

• You need to be within the suggested 1 m for proper configuration.

EDIT 2

• If you get stuck in “waiting for configuration” or similar loops, there is an odd work-around:
  1. Install as usual with iOS app. At first it looks good, but after a while it will restart configuration and erase all name changes etc…an endless loop.
  2. switch to the web app and observe the same problem.
  3. delete the device in the iOS app and WAIT for it to disappear.
  4. forcefully close the iOS app
  5. wait for the device to reappear by itself in the web app. Be patient. Let it calm down.
  6. test if you can change name and select room: If yes, continue, if not delete in web app and return to 1)
  7. choose the settings tab and select “No” for auto configuration.
  8. manually activate the switch. On/off will appear.

Tell us if this works!

Getting Zigbee devices to pair and work properly on the older Vera hubs was always black magic and hit and miss. Vera hubs really never worked that well at all with Zigbee devices.

Hopefully this will now change and improve with the newer generation of Ezlo hubs.

2 Likes