Sommer Direct Drive Garage Door Opener

Does anyone have experience with Sommer Direct Drive Door Openers?

1. Are they any good? My garage door is below my dining room and It appears to be very quiet.

2. Can you automate them with a relay hack and appliance module? I read through the manual and called them and it appears that there is only a pair of wires that go into the switch. The sales guy said I can cross them to open the door, but what confuses me is there is a circuit board with other functions like lock and light.

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it

http://www.youblisher.com/p/98546-SOMMER-Direct-Drive-Garage-Door-Opener-Manual/

I did not look at your manual … but in this case the sales guy is probably right.
When the wires are NOT connected … there is a voltage potential that an LED light leaches for power and it is lit. When you touch the wires together you short the LED … but that’s a trigger to the door opener to start, stop, reverse as appropriate to it’s internal state machine.

The other features are typically diodes and/or resistors in series with the switch the the garage door opener detects for other features.

Thanks, I think I’m going to roll the dice and try it.

btw, when I mentioned light, I meant the light button on the wall switch activates the light on the opener itself, not the illumination of the button that is common with most two wire openers.

That is typically controlled by what I call other features.