Some plugin updates

I’ve modified some of the plugin code to make changes that I think are improvements:

• some refactoring to eliminate duplicate code
  • create separate JSON files for each firmware type. The changes show up on the tab that shows the receiving protocols. Only those protocols handled by the particular firmware type (type1, type2, ext and ext2) are displayed and can be enabled or disabled. This should have no impact on whatever transmit protocols you are using to control devices. Transmit protocols are not enabled or disabled.
  • collect and save additional data from temperature and humidity devices - in the future I may add a tab to the RFXtrx page to display all of this data since there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it for these devices on the Vera devices page. I’m gathering max and min values and also saving the rssi value.

If you want to try these changes just unzip the attached file and upload the files to your Vera. NOTE: You should probably download each of the files to be replaced first in case you decide these changes won’t work for you. You can simply upload the original files you’ve saved.

I’d appreciate any comments you may want to share.

Hi Tinman, fantastic that you did some modifications to this plugin, because the originial maker (lolodomo) is not updating it anymore (he does not use RFXcom anymore). Are you planning to do more modifications ? I will for sure try your update soon and report back my experiences.

I’ve made some additional changes and the updated files are zipped into the attachment below. I’ve added a tab the the transceiver device information that will display the max and min temperature and humidity readings for the life of each sensor and for the last 24 hours. There’s a button to allow resetting the data for each sensor. Also, the signal strength and the age of the last data received is also shown. The table data is not dynamic but there is a button to allow the data to be refreshed. I suggest using the same method described in the initial post for uploading these files.

One additional data display capability added. The table displaying the sensor data can now be sorted by the contents of one of the first four columns. I’ve attached a new ZIP file containing all of the files. There are only two files that have changed: J_RFXtrx.js and L_RFXtrx.lua.
My focus has been on temperature and humidity sensors because that is my prime reason for obtaining an RFXtrx transceiver. I wanted to be able to use lower cost sensors. The Z-Wave sensors are too expensive. I’m currently monitoring 14 temperature/humidity sensors; a total of 28 devices.
I have recently obtained two different 433Mhz door sensors. The RFXtrx433E can decode signals from these sensors but currently the RFXtrx plugin doesn’t handle them. I’m planning to investigate the use of these door sensors as simple wireless contact inputs as part of a system to monitor the efficiency of my HVAC system.

Awsome! Thanks for this :slight_smile:

Nice to have some start with this plugin again. I saw that you did an sensor add on in a later post. I’ve a pool sensor (Rubicson 48019) that is supported by the RFXtrx433 but that is not supported by the plugin. How hard was it for you to add support and what tools did you use? If it’s not to hard I’ll try to add support for it and upload it to you so you can add it to your files for a release.

Sorry for the late response - I was on vacation. If the transceiver decodes messages from this device it shouldn’t be difficult to add it to the plugin. I’ll take a look…

Great work tinman.

I assume that when you say that the sensor is supported by the RFXtrs433 that you’ve seen messages from the sensor appear when you have the transceiver connected to your PC and you’re running RFXmngr. If so, could you post what is reported by RFXmngr for the pool sensor?

@Tinman, any advice on controlling a LucciAir fan with this plugin? It was added to the RFXtrx433E firmware in late 2015 which is unfortunately after the latest Vera UI plugin was updated by @lolodomo.

Excited to see your updates to the plugin so far!

I noticed the file J_RFXtrx.js makes call to the wrong url. recent firwmare changes seem to have changed something and the call are failing.

here a quick change I made to restore it

[code]OLD line
new Ajax.Request (command_url+‘/data_request’, {

NEW line
new Ajax.Request (data_request_url, {[/code]

Thanks for the tip. I’ll make the change and post an update.