[Solved] TED 5000 plugin does not show up

I have the TED5000 plugin installed which shows whole house power consumption. It works fine on my computer, but for whatever reason it does not show up in homebuddy. I am running the latest firmware 1.1.1245. Everything else shows up fine including video from a Foscam camera with remote pan/tilt/zoom, thermostats etc. Any ideas?

Please send me your user data so I can add support for it. Check this page for instructions:

Done. I sent it via email. Thanks!

I just installed the Ted 5000 plug in on my Vera 2. Works great on the PC but when I run the Home Buddy on my Android phone it doesn’t display anything. That would be really cool if you could ad this to the Home Buddy app. I would love to be able to show off to my friends at work to let them that I am watching my power usage. Home Buddy is a really GREAT app keep up the good work.Thanks for everything!!

I just got one myself this past weekend so you can count on Home Buddy integration. That’s one of my goals for the next couple of weeks along with Honeycomb compatibility (which is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated).

Nice and Thank you. The Ted 5000 is a great device once you find an outlet that the gateway will communicate with the MTU. I had some issues with that but it doesn’t play well with X10. When I first installed the device I had X10 lights going on/off randomly. I could have switched the house codes but decided to start installing zwave devices instead. Good luck!

I just loaded the home buddy app on my new Asus transformer it worked with no problems. You already new this I am sure but just wanted to let you know. Thanks and have a good day!

Just updated homebuddy today. Still no TED5000? :-[

It will be in the next release. I’ll try to get it out this weekend.

Will control of the DSC alarm be included as well?

@kyle4269 Sorry, not in the next release. I did start looking into it but since I don’t have actual hardware to test with, I need to fool my Vera into thinking I have it. I’m usually able to do this with most devices but had no success with the DSC Alarm.

Could you email me your user data and some screenshots of how it appears on the Vera UI at homebuddy.android@gmail.com so I’ll have an idea of how to implement it? That would be a good starting point for me. Thanks.

[quote=“rakstar, post:11, topic:168254”]@kyle4269 Sorry, not in the next release. I did start looking into it but since I don’t have actual hardware to test with, I need to fool my Vera into thinking I have it. I’m usually able to do this with most devices but had no success with the DSC Alarm.

Could you email me your user data and some screenshots of how it appears on the Vera UI at homebuddy.android@gmail.com so I’ll have an idea of how to implement it? That would be a good starting point for me. Thanks.[/quote]

Thanks! All the info has been emailed to you…

Just released v0.24 with TED5000 support. For now you’ll need to manually refresh from the menu to update the readings. I’ll probably add auto-refresh in a future release.

Thanks for doing this! Works like a champ! This whole house power monitoring is pretty instructive. It made me look closer at my electricity rates since my contract was up for renewal. Basically I was getting hosed for the past 2 years at about twice the current rates! I was locked into a 2 year contract which I will not do again.