[Solved] My Home - Room Images replace with live Video Stream?

I was able to get the room images to work on the “My Home” Page. But was wounder if it were possible to use the camera stream instead of a static image?

not now but that would fun, I will have a look but cant promise it would be quick as i am quite busy professionally nowdays

Understand, but would be awesome feature.

I have a first beta working for this in the GitHub - amg0/ALTUI: Enhancement Interface for VERA home automation system version

new features:
"
background settings in Option page for MyHome display
Support of camera direct streaming url as a background
"

you have to go to option page and enter the room name / url of background that you want. if you want a camera, you must have a direct stream url for that camera like this possibly ( depends on camera):
http://:/videostream.cgi?user=&pwd=

That was really fast. Thanks so much. I was able to upgrade and added a few streams. Not sure if it is my PC or my cameras, but when I add more then three, my browser slows down on the page, almost stops. I covered the URL to snap shot image and works great. Now, every time I load the page it will get new snapshot.

Were you able to test with more then three cameras? FYI. I use Blue Iris to access my cameras and the blue iris software is on my PC. So it could be my setup.

But still this is great to have, thanks so much.

Kyle

[quote=“kyle.dawson, post:5, topic:200043”]That was really fast. Thanks so much. I was able to upgrade and added a few streams. Not sure if it is my PC or my cameras, but when I add more then three, my browser slows down on the page, almost stops. I covered the URL to snap shot image and works great. Now, every time I load the page it will get new snapshot.

Were you able to test with more then three cameras? FYI. I use Blue Iris to access my cameras and the blue iris software is on my PC. So it could be my setup.

But still this is great to have, thanks so much.

Kyle[/quote]

I cannot test with more than 2 but the load is indeed between your cam and the browser. Maybe your client machine is too small or the stream delivers too much bytes , try to lower the quality maybe.

Yep, that did it. I put all 8 Cameras on the home page and reduced the Blueiris web stream to 50%. Works great now.

Amg0: Is the streaming from the url straight to the browser or does it go through the vera/openLuup?

Straight, CSS background properties
0 load onvera , camera do not even need to exist on vera

Cool! I will test it in a few days when I get back home. I have a couple of cameras setup on my openLuup instance but it is hit and miss on the browser. I will see if this works better.