[SOLVED] Further Help Needed on Connecting to Panel

I tried to mock up what I have done so far…

I have this set up :

Vera > Usb 2 Serial > Serial to Ethernet > Visonic > ?

I tried using some dupoint cables/ jumper cables to match up the pins 3/5/6 from the ethernet cable (Solid Blue/White-Green/Green) but it doesn’t seem to be seen by vera…

This is the serial/usb device I am using - [url=http://pcscience.com/product.php?pid=20326&]http://pcscience.com/product.php?pid=20326&[/url]
Any ideas where I am going wrong? How do i debug this?

Don’t know your ethernet cable, but I would expect 3: white/green; 5: white/blue; 6: solid green.

Thanks. Do you think that usb to serial device is sufficient?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

If you see it back in the Vera list of serial devices (Apps->Develop Apps->Serial Port configuration), it should be OK.

Thanks. . Will start again. .

Sorry to dig this up again but I have had no joy

Attached is a diagram of what my situation is…

I have tried clearing the comms variables after every attempt I have made to connect…

My Vera sees the USB TO Serial device – See attached

I also bought a Ethernet to Serial device and one of those configurable serial to ethernet adapters you recommended on another thread,.

Anyway… I am hoping that my drawing will help narrow down what I am doing wrong…

THanks for any assistance offered…

The panel connector on your diagram has TTL signals, not RS232. So you’ll need a TTL->USB or the Visonic RS232 breakout (and connect that to the RS232->USB).

Thanks. . Sorry if this is a dumb question. . But is that not what I have plugged into the vera unit?

Or…

Looking at my diagram… could someone give me an exact shopping list to connect them up… given that I have an ethernet cat5 run between both locations…?

If you want to connect using RS232, then it looks like you are missing the RS232 Kit.

Thanks for all your help… I will order that

hey

So I bought that device… I plugged it in to PC link 8 pin connector…
I attached my ehternet cable to left port
I rebooted vera after clearing comms errors and setting the correct serial configuarion.
It failed
So I set forced standard mode and this created the Arm/Disarm/ArmHome device and I selected Z01 for the motion sensor installed and it created this device…

However, If i do anything with the set up it forces vera to reload…
I can’t arm or disarm…
I set up a scene to pass the pin number and run that… it cause vera to reload.

Am I supposed to be Powerlink mode?
Or Did I connect the add on card to the wrong place on the panel?

Without any logging we are completely in the dark. However, it looks like you have no communication at all with the panel.

ok… ill take that and start again… thanks

traced my problem to a mix up in t586a vs t568b wiring…

I had a at the patch panel and somehow switched to b at the alarm panel.

all is good… thanks!!