Solved: Default (sortof) Dimming level for Fibaro dimmer (fgd211)

i noticed if i set a dimming level via the dashboard, the dimmer does Remember the setting … which is a Really Cool Feature.

i have a 3 Way Switch setup and between the lamp and the last switch a FGD211.
set Parameter 14 to 1 (anything else on default)

works perfect … flip a switch turns it on on the last dimming level … flip a switch twice = 100% … flip again 0%
could not be better !

however after set to 100%, there is no way to get it back to the previous seting.
so i set try in a scene to “set” the dimming level just like i did in the dashboard manually
like this:

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },73)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1", "SetLoadLevelTarget", {newLoadlevelTarget = "50"}, 73)
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },73)

the dimmer seem to get and understand the commands, but it does not “remember” the 50% dimming value.
does ayone know how i do set a Start-dimming value via the Vera without turn it on (or turn it off shortly after)

in the night this light is controlled by Peopels with the switches, i just want the vera to set a dimming level. as human can’t do that.
and i do not want it to be 100% too. (only if needed, manual change)

fixed !

the problem was (i was suprised too) … the vera is too fast :wink:

simply wait 2 seconds between the dimmer set and turning it off again will fix it (the turn ON command is not needed as well)

working code: luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1", "SetLoadLevelTarget", {newLoadlevelTarget = "50"}, dimmer) luup.sleep(2000); luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },dimmer)