[solved] Action Doorbell Selectplus 200689103

A little help please. I added this doorbell and was automacticly added to my Veraedge. (lighting4).

But I see it as a door/window sensor and once pushed on the button, the device is tripped for ever.
Oh and it was added twice. selectplus

I want to use it, when someone pushed the button, I get an notification (with Reactor)

Just deleted the 2 devices and wanted to add them again via automtic creation, but it is not added anymore.

not sure what this is do u have a link to the actual device

Well the sites are all in Dutch I am afraid:

There are some in English, but mostly for Domotics, not the case here.

Which protocols do you have enabled for the RFXtrx? Have you made any changes to the protocols since the devices were auto-created the first time?

@tinman I had lighting4 enabled. After that played with lightning4 and byron/select plus. I enabled them and disabled them to test etc. At the moment both are enabled. So yes I think I made changes after the first auto creation,

When I push the button, I see the yellow led on the rfxcom blinking.

Any idea how to fix this? And how I can use this button/doorbell the way I want. A once tripped for ever sensor is useless of course.

enabled at the moment: AC,BLindsTx, Hideki,Lighting4,Oregon. and NOT x10!

Try enabling both Lighting4 and X10 to see if you can have the device be auto-created again.

Nope, nothing happens… no new device.

UPDATE: unplugged rfxcom, reboot Vera, pushed the button and voila I have two devices again.

So back to the other question: how can I use this/these devices? Why are there 2 btw?

The first time the sensor is grey and when I push the button again, it’s red (tripped), but it stays that for ever. Not usefull.

Look at the Advanced → Variables tab of the first of the new devices. Is there an AutoUntrip variable? If so, set its value to 5. This should untrip the device in 5 seconds. I believe that you can just delete the second device.

1 Like

Great, that variable is there indeed and works. Deleted the second device.

In the rfxcom settings of this device, I can change it to motion or door sensor. What will that do?

Changing the device type changes the icon associated with the device. Since they are both sensor type devices there will be no change in the variables associated with the device or with the basic functionality.

2 Likes

One last question @tinman.

Is it possible to ad a switch that triggers the doorbell? So to sent the same stuff to the receiver as the button does? And how can this be done?

It’s not something that can be done reasonably in the current version of the plugin. I’m working on the next version of the plugin. I hope to have a way of creating devices that can transmit Lighting4 commands.

1 Like

Ah ok, no problem. Would be nice for the next release. And would that be possible for other commands and protocols?

Most device commands are obviously already available and are a result of knowing the device type. Manually created devices (done by selecting the RFXtrx New Device tab) specify the device type. Problems arise sometimes with auto-created devices when the received message protocol may be valid for different types of devices. The current version of the plugin provides some means of converting similar devices e.g sensor type devices. But when a received message may be from any one of dissimilar devices it’s problematic to create one type of device that cannot be easily converted to another.
The other problem here is that the plugin does not yet handle wireless doorbell devices. These will probably be similar to some light switch devices. For these devices the light device is created and a device simulating a remote control may also be created. I’ll be working on this as well.

Thanks for the info.