Smart Switch Delay?

Hey everyone, I have the smart switch plugin setup to turn my master bathroom light on when I’m going towards it at night.

For some reason it takes about 30 seconds from the signal to get from my motion sensor through DSC alarm panel and finally to bathroom light/switch.

Is that a normal delay or is there a setting I may be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Same scenario here with sensors through DSC alarm panel and I am also having this same problem.

Oddly enough, one instance is much quicker to turn on than the other two instances I have :-/

Odd, anyone have any ideas?

Are these wireless motion sensors ?

Search with keyword: DCS Motion Sensor Automation

In my case, yes

As Richard mentioned search the forum for the keyword he provided. This has been discussed numerous times. The short answer is there is a minimum of a 6 second delay on the DSC wireless motion sensors to prevent false triggers. There is no way to bypass this.

• Garrett

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:3, topic:175879”]Are these wireless motion sensors ?

Search with keyword: DCS Motion Sensor Automation[/quote]

Hi Richard

In my instance all my PIR’s are hard wired.

I have anywhere from a 15-30 second delay when using the SS plugin. Use a straight scene and they are pretty much instant.

Thanks

Scott

Sorry … I can’t help if the problem is in the Smart Switch Plugin … Looks like you narrowed it down to it.

Hopefully the developer will chime in …