Should i upgrade VeraLite UI5 ?

What i got is working but if it could be better i want it. However I do not need a ton of headaches.
So i am trying to get a feel for what i would be getting into if i upgrade my Vera Lite UI5 1.5.622 to UI7.
I have a bunch of lite switches, appliance controllers, locks, 2 thermostats, receptacles
I am using free ImperiHome on my androids.
will i have to redo my imperi home and end up having to pay for it ?
Will i have to re-pair devices ?
thanks for any input.
cheers

Save yourself more headaches and keep what you have as it is.
I subscribe to the theory if it ain’t broke then why fix it!
If you want to update then get an Edge to play with, you could even try to bridge it with the Lite.
Good luck.

I would agree with Zedrally, unless you want Alexa to work with Vera. Even then, upgrading from 5 to 7 usually means starting from scratch so you may as well get a newer unit for that upgrade.

thanks for the feedback. i will roll with what i got.

I have recently upgraded from ui5 to ui7 , and it went without a glitch. Imperihome free still works, new zwave plus devices finally work. Didn’t need to pair any existing devices, it all just worked. Using all kind of devices from different brands.
Reason for me was that new devices with zwave plus couldn’t pair well with UI5

[quote=“crepuscule, post:5, topic:200190”]I have recently upgraded from ui5 to ui7 , and it went without a glitch. Imperihome free still works, new zwave plus devices finally work. Didn’t need to pair any existing devices, it all just worked. Using all kind of devices from different brands.
Reason for me was that new devices with zwave plus couldn’t pair well with UI5[/quote]

I’ve just gotten two new yale z-wave locks and they are z-wave plus. I’m running a vera lite with UI5 1.5.622. @crepuscule What process did you follow for the upgrade? I don’t see any instructions on here or firmware downloads for that matter. I’ve installed one lock and it comes up with “Failed at getting secure classes”. I’m going to leave it overnight and see what happens but it might be time to try an upgrade. I’m actually using Home Assistant for my home control and Vera is just a z-wave controller, so if it gets bricked, I’ll probably just get a USB z-wave stick and use that, but it would be nice if I could upgrade and get all my devices without re-pairing everything.