Shift controller

Hello,

so I already had my system with ~50 devices set up using OpenHAB (I am coming from the other way around) using Aeon Z-Stick2.

I bought an Vera Edge for the reason many of you are listing here, to have something dedicated and stable to control Z-Wave as well as to have an emergency gateway for when OpenHAB is going amok.

I have managed to include the Vera Edge into my Z-Wave network, but I am unable to shift the primary controller (through the Vera Edge interface Settings>Z-Wave>Advanced>Controller Shift) to the Vera Edge. It is now a secondary controller.

All I get is the following message:
Command failed: There appears to be a problem because this controller is not set as the primary controller for the system. (It may be under the control of another controller.)

which is logical. Clearly I need to initiate the shift from OpenHAB/Aeon Z-Stick2.

How would you go about doing this?
I am very keen about not having to go about excluding/including every device again…

I think you may need OZW to do that. It has a primative UI console that let you initiate various events against your Z-Wave dongle.

One of these in “Transfer Primary Role”, which I believe will initiate what you want to do. If it has a Backup/Restore option, you might want to fire that up first

My OZW compile is very old, it’s been >1yr since I played with it, so you may need to reach out on their forums for assistance.