Setup Issues

Hi Futzle,

I recently installed an NX584E to 6v2 system and programmed with the following settings:

Location 0=blank (binary)
Location 1=6 (38400 baud)
Location 2, Segment 1 = 2,5,6,7,8
Location 2, Segment 2 - 1,3,4
Location 3, Segment 1 = 2,4,5,6,7,8
Location 3, Segment 2 = 1,2,3,4,5
Location 3, Segment 3 = 1,2,3,5,7
Location 3, Segment 4 = 3,4,5,6,7,8

I installed the latest plugin from github (.81) as well.

I am however getting LUA failures, hoping it’s something easy, I’ve included my logs. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Using a Keynice IP to Serial bridge (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTUVA0G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01)

Following up, I’ve disabled zone name fetching (as I do not have any set nor do I have LCD keypads) and dropped the baud down to 9600, but LUA continues to fail very early.

Current settings:
Location 0=blank (binary)
Location 1=3 (9600 baud)
Location 2, Segment 1 = 2,5,6,7,8
Location 2, Segment 2 - 1,3,4
Location 3, Segment 1 = 2,5,6,7,8
Location 3, Segment 2 = 1,2,3,4,5
Location 3, Segment 3 = 1,2,3,5,7
Location 3, Segment 4 = 3,4,5,6,7,8

It seems to fail when an unsolicited message is received. Any thoughts?

I’m wondering if the issue I’m experiencing is because I do not have an LCD keypad. It seems plugins for other HA systems have had this problem as well.

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2482&page=14 See post #136

I’m wondering if the same thing has been done here? Has anyone with LED keypads only gotten the plugin to work?

Thanks!

Guessing lack of a response means no one has any idea? :frowning:

I can only give a short response at the moment: your attached log shows a successful startup without any unrecoverable errors. If you are getting Lua failures then they will appear in the log. Catching these failures will mean lying in wait for the error to happen and catching that part of the log.

I have only LED keypads. You seem to have set up the interface properly.

Thanks Futzle, I was looking through the code (lua is new to me) and i’ve been able to make some progress.

Line 226 of L_CaddxNX584Security reads:

luup.set_failure(0, ROOT_DEVICE)

upon changing it to:

luup.set_failure(false, ROOT_DEVICE)

The plugin loads as it should. Having issues now polling the users, but I’ll review the logs tonight to see what I can find out!

Very excited to have gotten this far!

Fascinating. The docs say that luup.set_failure() takes an integer. In Lua, boolean types are not just sugar-coated integers as they are in C-like languages, hence my surprise.

Yet the plugin code already has a mix of boolean and integer parameters to that function, and most searches on the forum show code with booleans rather than integers. So this would seem to be a long-running confusion with the function.

I’m glad you got it going.

[quote=“jokeman3000, post:6, topic:189666”]Thanks Futzle, I was looking through the code (lua is new to me) and i’ve been able to make some progress.

Line 226 of L_CaddxNX584Security reads:

luup.set_failure(0, ROOT_DEVICE)

upon changing it to:

luup.set_failure(false, ROOT_DEVICE)

The plugin loads as it should. Having issues now polling the users, but I’ll review the logs tonight to see what I can find out!

Very excited to have gotten this far![/quote]

Wow, this fix solved same problem here!

Thanx Jokeman!