Sequencing triggers in PLEG

Either Garage door opens prior to kitchen door opening while the schedule is true and the Yamaha receiver is off: I want the kitchen light and the hall light to go on. When we want to leave to go out we turn off the lights. When we reopen the door to leave the light come back on. I do not want the light to come back on when I reopen the door

Sound like whats needed is if the light was just turned off a min or two ago don’t turn the light back on yet if the door is opened.

Yes that is where I get hung up

The problem is caused because you have REPEATS turned on for everything.

I think you want to turn off the REPEATS on cMain.

A couple cased where you probably need repeats:
1) Conditions that use OR and you want to re-trigger on each input
2) Conditions that use timers that do NOT have an off time.

I do not recommend timers without an OFF unless you are very comfortable with the concepts for “REPEATS” and sequence expressions.
I recommend adding an OFF to many of your timers that do not currently have one and start removing all of the “REPEATS”.
Than turn them on when you find a condition is already true … but you want a trigger to retrigger the condition.

Thanks. The repeats has always been a bit confusing to me. I will turn off REPEATS on cMain and see how it goes. Thank you for the explanation of repeats.

I turned off repeats but still same problem. If I turn lights off and open kitchen door lights go back on.I have attached a new status report.
Also are these two conditions the same?
(cGarageDoors;tKitchenDoor)
(cGarageDoors; tKitchenDoor) space after ;

[quote=“jquincy, post:26, topic:183711”]I turned off repeats but still same problem. If I turn lights off and open kitchen door lights go back on.I have attached a new status report.
Also are these two conditions the same?
(cGarageDoors;tKitchenDoor)
(cGarageDoors; tKitchenDoor) space after ;[/quote]

I always use the space after but don’t know if they are the same.

Turn off repeats on the all three Main conditions.

The space does not matter.
But yes you also need to turn off the repeats on cMain3 … you should probably turn it off from cMain2 …

As I said … when REPEATS are on … if a trigger is evaluated to true … and it’s already true … it will fire the actions.
NOTE: All three of your conditions are true … If you open the door … they remain true … and cause the actions to RUN AGAIN.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:28, topic:183711”]As I said … when REPEATS are on … if a trigger is evaluated to true … and it’s already true … it will fire the actions.
NOTE: All three of your conditions are true … If you open the door … they remain true … and cause the actions to RUN AGAIN.[/quote]

And Again

And Again

OK. I was a bit slow even though I thought I understood. Now I definitely get it. All works perfectly. Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

95% of my conditions are not checked with repeats… You had almost all that are. I didn’t go threw and evaluate if all of yours need that but I’m gonna assume that most if not all of yours don’t need repeats.

You are correct. I had totally misunderstood the meaning of repeats. This PLEG is a brilliant.