Sensor Temperature Report

Hello. I have a Vera UI5 with a few devices that report temperature and light values (Aeon 4-in-1, a HVAC Thermostat and Netatmo stations). I would like to get a notification periodically with values of some of the sensors. I know I can use PLEG to schedule a check, and I can get a notice if a value is above or below some preset, but how do I get the notice to include the actual value??
Thanks!

[quote=“mpenda, post:1, topic:183505”]Hello. I have a Vera UI5 with a few devices that report temperature and light values (Aeon 4-in-1, a HVAC Thermostat and Netatmo stations). I would like to get a notification periodically with values of some of the sensors. I know I can use PLEG to schedule a check, and I can get a notice if a value is above or below some preset, but how do I get the notice to include the actual value??
Thanks![/quote]

Vera Alerts and use PLEG to set different values, then set a different notification for each.

Do you know the syntax to embed the sensor value in the notification?

While I think that maybe possible, I have yet to see that. Richard can answer that in the Vera Alerts forum or you can email him. His info is at that bottom of this page.
http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts/

The way I do it is I have a different alert for each temp I want to receive with a custom override message saying what temp it is. But I also don’t have an alert for many different temps. I only what to know when my Temp gets to a certain point. I don’t want to keep getting them all the way up and all the way back down. I also use PLEG to stop it from jumping back and forth as temp hits 80 then 79 then 80 then 79 then stays at 80 for example. Or else you get a bunch of messages for no reason.

I personally only use it for a vacation house to alert me when house temp is above 90 but I only did that in the beginning to see where it normally hit on hot days with no one around. Now I just have it kick on the A/C and only alert me if it get to 92 to signal the a/c is not working or there is another problem.

What you actually doing with this?

The LUUP code for reading the temperature on an Aeon 4-in-1 is:

x = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature",##)

where ## is the device number for your sensor.

I don’t know how to use that with PLEG - I don’t use it myself - I code directly in LUUP for the more complex tasks.

Hope that helps.