Sensor armed/bypassed status?

Is there any way to discern the armed/bypassed status? If not, consider this a feature request. :slight_smile:

Already there. “Allow Arm/Bypass” in the settings for the sensor.

It never occurred to me to look there. Thanks!

…why isn’t that defaulted on? Does everyone prefer not to see it?

This is NOT a feature of the hardware device … It’s a software feature that Vera has provide.

If your automation logic wants to detect things all the time … you just use the Tripped Status.

If your automation logic wants to detect things only some the time, you use the Armed and Tripped Status.
But it’s up to you to arm/bypass all of the appropriate sensors to define the time period when the sensors can effect your automation.

With Plugins like PLEG … many people do this differently … so they do not need the Armed/Bypassed status.

That’s not what I meant. I was asking why HomeWave doesn’t default to showing armed/bypassed status for the sensors instead of having you select to show it.

My answer stands … I tried to explain why a lot of people do NOT use the armed/bypass status of the security sensors.

That was my guess as well, and the reason I set the arm/bypass option to off by default.

OK, I understand you both now.

I guess I am still a tad basic in my logic, but I set my sensors armed when I am away and in bypass when I am home, and PLEG is programmed to act when an armed sensor is tripped… Is there some reason why this might not be the best idea? I can understand setting a logical switch for home/away and having a condition that fires on away and a sensor being tripped, is it perhaps more reliable/desirable for some reason I’m not aware of? Is there an even better way?

Both styles work … but you can toggle one virtual switch which represents your automation mode … or … the arm/bypass status of all the devices associated with that mode … (mode can be things like day/night, away/home … )

I’m using a MultiSwitch for that to represent Home, Away, Stay, Night, and Vacation. They are grouped, and I have PLEG taking actions based on those switches being set. So, for example, when I select Away, one PLEG arms the door sensors (and has a 10 minute delay to arm the motion sensors since they take 5 minutes to reset after being tripped), then arms another PLEG (the “alarm PLEG”) which monitors for armed sensors to be tripped.

(AwaySet OR VacationSet) AND (FrontDoorTripped OR GarageDoorTripped OR RearDoorTripped OR PR_MotionTripped OR LR_MotionTripped)

I use two PLEGS, arming the “alarm” PLEG only when the “non-home” modes are set since I have other actions that should only happen when I’m not home.

Hi

Reading this thread it seems like a good idea to have a Virtual Switch turned on for when all the door sensors are armed and off for when they are bypassed. But I don’t know how to do this, I am using the MultiSwitch plugin.

I have a disarm house scene that when run bypasses all the door sensors. All I want to be able to do in addition to this is send a TTS notification to the ImperiHome wall mounted tablet that says “Sensors are now bypassed safe to open the doors”

There are other ways however that the door sensors can be set to bypassed and not just via this disarm house scene. For example using the UI7 House Home mode also sets them to bypassed.

So I need to be able to monitor when the door sensors have changed from armed to bypass and then make this TTS announcement. But not sure how to check the status of the door sensors.

Initially in PLEG I added an Input → Device Properties

Device = Patio Door
Device Variable = Armed

This status can then be either 0 = bypassed or 1 = armed.

In my condition I then had the name of the device property

KitchenDoor_Status==0

And the action was to TTS to the Imperihome tablet etc.

However when reloading LUA it kept on saying invalid token.

Thanks

EDIT:

Seems to be the length of the device properties name that is causing the problem
I shortened it from KitchenDoor_Status to KDoor_Status and now KDoor_Status==0 is working…