Sending "Say" command through homewave to sonos plugin

Is there anyway that Homewave can access the Sonos plugin Say command so that from my phone I could type in a phrase that could be speak through my sonos play 1 ?

If you figure out the right uPnP command for the Sonos plugin to run the Say command, you can use an Action button in HomeWave to make Sonos say something. But there’s no option to type a phrase and have it said, short of editing the Action control’s properties and changing the uPnP command.

@goldriver, did you have any success? I too would like to be able to do the same. Mike

Unfortunatly no!

i have a number of buttons set up in homewave to “say” certain things via Sonos.
i accomplish this by creating a scene in the Vera for each of the things i want to “say”, and then trigger the scene with a button in Homewave.

The scene is created using the advanced tab (in UI5), and parameters i use are on the screen shot. This assumes that you have already have Sonos units added to your Vera system.

not sure if this is what you are aiming to do, but it has worked for me so far.

@bkanemios, thanxs for the recommendation, it is an approach however it is not a dynamic solution and would require a number of “canned or preset” category scenario’s in order to leave a verbal message. Mike