Sending alarm frames

I just got my Vera/FGD211 last week and noticed the FGD211 can respond by default to alarm conditions by flashing lights. I wanted to be able to trigger that by a URL trigger into Vera. After a bit of digging I found the “all on/all off” hacks and managed to get it working:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Data=‘0-0x19-0xff-4-0x71-0x05-0x04-0x01’},1)

The above is picked up by the FGD211 and starts the lights flashing; a 0x00 instead of 0x01 the end turns things back to normal. So I could add that code to a scene and trigger the scene with a URL, sorted!

However it’s really not reliable. Sometimes the call works perfectly; other times you need to resend it four or five times, other times you need to do something else (like turn the light on or off via GUI) before it will respond. I had the same problem with ALL_ON/ALL_OFF not being reliable.

So is there a better or more correct way of doing this without having to actually have a zWave sensor that sends alarm frames?

Thanks! Mark