Send data from Vera to MySQL

Hello,

I was wondering is someone ever succeeded on sending data from a Vera to MySQL.
I have seen a couple of posts and topics with ideas but nothing that seems to really works.

The best hint I saw was this lua-mysql module but it would need to be (cross) compiled for the Vera. Did anyone try?

Will

I’ve had a (half-arsed) attempt at writing the basics of a mysql plugin. You can install lua-mysql from the Openwrt repositories directly. Have not done much with it (yet). Will see if I can find my instructions somewhere and post them here.

Indeed, I am seen you name a few times around that topic.

As saw in this page: Where to get packages [Old OpenWrt Wiki]
There are 3 versions of Openwrt and our Vera uses the kamikaze version (oldest).

Unfortunately, there is no such package for this version and the newset seems not to be accepted:

[code]root@MiOS_30101176:~# opkg install luasql-mysql_2.1.1-1_ar71xx.ipk
Unknown package ‘luasql-mysql’.
Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luasql-mysql found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luasql-mysql.
    [/code]

Not sure about the result of forcing it.

Try this for loading stuff ‘outside’ of what MCV keeps in their package lib
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9156.msg67557.html#msg67557

thx a lot guys, first step forward finally!

So there are some desp. The following are needed:

root@MiOS_30101176:~# ls -al *.ipk -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156530 May 13 23:59 libmysqlclient_5.1.53-7_ramips.ipk -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5780 May 13 23:57 luasql-mysql_2.1.1-1_ramips.ipk -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 62835 May 13 23:59 uclibcxx_0.2.3-1_ramips.ipk