Selecting right Dimmers and Switches

Hello everyone,
Dimmers/Switches recommendation required for a room with following situation

Metal switch boxes installed, small size (3’’ * 3’’ * 1.5’')
3-way switches requirement

If I install in-wall modules, do I’ve to add it with each light switch? there is not enough room in the switch box.

Please help!

You’ve not mentioned where in the world you are, which will affect what products are available for you.

In wall dimmer modules, such as the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Micro Dimmer, 2nd Edition (DSC27103-ZWUS), are used one per load. In 3-way(n-way) switch applications, only one would be used, not one fore every switch. These modules will be a tight fit in a 14CuIn gang box, such as yours, but they should fit.

There are also Z_Wave dimmer switches, such as the GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Dimmer Switch, that will fit in these gang boxes. Though, again, it will be snug. You’ll want to look into the the Instant Status feature and what it is used for. This GE switch does not support Instant Status.

If you decide that you need or want Instant Status, then you’ll need to look at a more expensive dimmer, such as the Leviton VRMX1-1LZ 1000W Vizia RF ZWave Universal Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmer.

There are On/Off relay switch versions of all of these devices, if you want a switch rather than a dimmer.

Be aware that metal gang boxes will have a significant impact on the signal of any Z-Wave device. You can expect limited range at least.

Please don’t double post!

Thanks for the reply, helped me a lot.

For future reference, I’ve found out that MCO Home and Vitrum switches fits in my case.