Seeking Help / Suggestions on best / Easy IR solution

Greetings,
I hope this is posted in the right location, and I apologies if this has been covered before.

I am looking for suggestions to find the right IR system for my setup. I want to make sure I order the necessary components to make it all work. Most of my home theatre remote control needs are actually handled by an IP based network connection from my MiCasaVerde UI5. I however have one device which I need to be able to change inputs on via IR as there is no other communication methods on it.
I have done a bit of research and I see a few options but I wanted to reach out to the community for some pros and cons or perhaps even alternatives I haven?t thought about. My ideal would be something that is relatively easy to setup and integrate as well.
Logitech Harmony (Estimate $200)
- I believe I need the Hub plus the Hub Extender?
- MiCasaVerde App Plugin
SQ Blaster ($140 used)
- Outdated and appears not to be available
- Complicated Programing
REMOTEC Z-WAVE-TO-AV IR EXTENDER ZXT-310 US ($79)
- MiCasaVerde Compatible
- Code Library for easier programming
USB-UIRT ($63)
- Complicated Setup & Coding

Global Cache IP2IR iTach Wired TCP/IP to IR ($91)
- Network based but still complicated coding.
On another note, I am also looking for a device to physically push a button on and or off as I have a device that cannot be automated any other way. I was thinking a 12volt trigger or some relay solenoid would work but hoping to find something Z-Wave compatible.
Thanks,
Chris

This would be my vote. You can use it with Vera, as well as other applications like iRule and Roomie Remote/Simple Control.

And if you are still UI5, you likely can control without code, although I am not sure that is the best plan. You can load the GC-100 plug-in, then add the IR file via Devices/Add Devices/Add IR device (using ports created by GC-100 plugin).

I use Lua for mine without a plug-in, on UI5…