Second Vera edge in 3 months and came home to no lights

This is my second edge in 3 months. I came home to no lights and edge had no zwave green led on and service light flashing rapidly. Unplugged and restarted same lights. Any ideas what’s going on.

With the limited info your provided that’s gonna be near impossible. You probley have a plugin locking things up, but without logging its gonna be hard to find. it could also be a z-wave device, but I always start with plugins. What do you have installed?

Is your Edge on a UPS and do you get brownouts rarely or not so rarely?

Being a customer of Tampa (not always)Electric brownouts are unfortunately a far to common occurrence. So most of my electronics are on UPS, including Vera. It’s not only the voltage spikes but also the drops that can cause damage to power components and possible main boards. So using only a surge suppressor is not doing much there. Most decent UPS units also more or less condition the power so if it fluctuates to far above or below 120, the UPS will try and keep it’s output as close to 120V as it can.

Also, my cable box takes about 10 minutes to boot up after a brown-out so that one, my TV and HTR receiver is on an APC J25B unit. It will only power that setup for a few minutes but that’s all I need.

Last week Staples had a deal on 2 APC 600VA units for $59 so I can now put 1 vera, my cable modem and my main switch on one dedicated UPS and the other vera and a WiFi router on the other dedicated UPS and provide a substantial battery backup in case of a power failure. Right now it’s sharing a UPS with my main server.

I had this happen too once, tried hard resetting firmware, everything, still same, finally replaced network cable\port and just immediately started working again, but service light was flashing like crazy when had issue and could not ping, same sounding issue

I had this happen too once, tried hard resetting firmware, everything, still same, finally replaced network cable\port and just immediately started working again, but service light was flashing like crazy when had issue and could not ping, same sounding issue[/quote]

I tried all the suggestions and then changed the network cable. That did it. So weird for a Cat6 cable to go bad, but thanks or I would have never tried that.

Not that weird really . All it takes is one weak spot in one of the strands to cause all kinds of havoc. Just moving and bending it is all it sometimes takes. QC on cheap China made cables is basically non-existent as we get brand new ones in sealed bags with defects. First thing I do with anything weird network related is to slap a Fluke 200 setup on both ends of the cable and have that do a cable map. 9 times out 10 I don’t get the expected 8 beeps. As slong as it’s from teh equipment to the wall jack all I have to do is whip out a new cable (of course also tested) to fix the issue. Unless the lack of 8 beeps is from the wall jack to the patch panel. In which our network engineer gets to call the external company that runs and certifies our in wall/celing network cabling.

The 200 got quite a workout a number of months back when we had our AC units replaced. Seems the A/C company missed noticing the cat5 cables that run above the ceiling and nicked and pinched a number of them while removing/installing A/C equip in that same area. With obvious results…

Glad the issue is resolved this easily