Second Kwikset Lock not pairing

I’ve just installed a second Kwikset lock that I had on the back door but it won’t pair for some reason. I have the same unit on the front door and it paired without a hitch. But none of the inclusion procedures i’ve used so far have gotten any attention from Vera.

There are 4 Ge/Jasco On/Off switches within less than 10 feet of the lock so I doubt it’s a “reachability” problem. I followed the Wiki procedure to the letter several times and no joy. Any thoughts?

[quote=“clippermiami, post:1, topic:190283”]I’ve just installed a second Kwikset lock that I had on the back door but it won’t pair for some reason. I have the same unit on the front door and it paired without a hitch. But none of the inclusion procedures i’ve used so far have gotten any attention from Vera.

There are 4 Ge/Jasco On/Off switches within less than 10 feet of the lock so I doubt it’s a “reachability” problem. I followed the Wiki procedure to the letter several times and no joy. Any thoughts?[/quote]

I have had issues with my 910’s getting paired due to distance even tho I have a large mesh network. I use a long Ethernet cable (I make my own cables) and the web UI as a generic device to get mine going.

To pair the Vera needs to be just about touching the lock. I think they say 3 ft but I put it right up against it.

For locks I don’t think they can relay through other devices being a secured class.

You don’t need a long Ethernet cable. You can bring the Vera to the lock under battery power, put in include mode, attempt to pair and watch the blinking light. It’ll go from the slow blink to rapid flashes, back to slow blink, then rapid flashes again (all within 10 seconds) and finally back to slow blink. Then bring the Vera back to its normal place and plug it all in.

I was afraid that might be the case. The Front Door lock is about 15 feet from the Vera but the back door lock is a good 30 feet. so I guess I’m going to have to drag the Vera out to the garage on a log ethernet :slight_smile:

Thanks integlikewhoa and RHINESEL

John

I dragged VERA and an Ethernet cable out to the garage and got it to pair. But It is not very responsive use the best of circumstances with VERA back in the house

A nightly heal should fix the routing and your switches can pass “Secure Class” info. So I would say a day or two and you response should be good.

A nightly heal should fix the routing and your switches can pass “Secure Class” info. So I would say a day or two and you response should be good.[/quote]
Wish this were the case. I’ve run heal on this node about a hlaf dozen times so far and several adjacent nodes (GE/Jasco switches) and it is still very poor performance. I get 5 Stars for signal on all the adjacent nodes but only 1-2 stars on the lock. If I manually unlock it it way or may not ever reflect that state in Vera and if it does it can take over a minute. Sending a command from the UI will usually cause the lock to act but only after 30 seconds or more.

I’ve run a stress test on the lock and I get 1 good ping out of 10 with an average response of 4000 ms.

It currently shows the Autoroute as “0-254” and will often show it as failed (0-254x)

Is there any way to improve the radio performance, add a length of antenna, etc.?