Schlage lock seems to auto lock

My lock auto locks.
How is this controlled? Is this due to network connectivity?

I have a Schlage FE599 NX handle lock connected to a Vera Lite installed 10/2015

I believe this is configured within the lock itself - perhaps by default.

[quote=“Sloanish, post:1, topic:189511”]My lock auto locks.

I have a Schlage FE599 NX handle lock connected to a Vera Lite installed 10/2015[/quote]

The locks have an auto lock feature that relocks the door I think 30 seconds after unlocking. I don’t remember if it’s on by default. I made sure it was turned off to prevent it trying to lock a partially closed door or someone trying to close the door with the deadbolt sticking out.

Should be in the lock manual and I think it’s set locally, but the attribute may be settable via Vera.

The lock is not a deadbolt but a handle lock. The lock function simply prevents the outside handle from moving the catch.
Inside you can press a button to put it into lock mode and lock it and another button to unlock it.
When the unlock button is pushed it is supposed to stay that way but mysteriously re-locks itself a few hours later.
If the lock is in a “normally locked state” and you use the combo it will lock and then auto unlock ten seconds or so later.

[quote=“Sloanish, post:1, topic:189511”]My lock auto locks.

I have a Schlage FE599 NX handle lock connected to a Vera Lite installed 10/2015[/quote]

As others have said this is a lock or schlage feature that is turned on. With that said their manual sucks and you may need to google hard or just call schlage and ask them how to disable that. I have googled and read their manuals as well as the comments on Amazon. It doesn’t mention anything about the settings and others on amazon pointed it out also.

Here is the correct link to the manual. Http://www.nexiahome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Keypad-Locks-User-Guide-12.4.13.pdf

You cannot turn off the auto lock, however it should only be trigger if you unlock from the keypad (and the door was actually locked) If you unlock via z-wave or by pressing the unlock button on inside, it should stay unlocked. If it is locking on you, you have something that is triggering it, or there is something wrong with the lock.

So if you remember to push the unlock button when you come in the auto lock won’t trigger. I am not sure about z-wave. You might be able to trigger a second unlock command on a successful unlock to override the auto lock in that case.

On my deadbolt Schlage lock, you can enable or disable the auto lock by entering “Shlage - 6 digit control code - 9”.

Maybe try that just to see if it works the same?