Schlage FE599

Having trouble with my newly installed schlage lock. It is the only device on my vera network and I am only intermittently able to see it on my dashboard. When it is showing, I am able to change user codes, and set up and receive alert notifications. I consistently have the error “failed at setting user configuration” but believe this is a separate issue. Anyone familiar with these issues?
Thank you

How far is the lock from vera. The most common issue with locks is communication issues due to distance. If the lock is not near vera and since this is your only device, move vera closer to the lock.

• Garrett

+1 on Garret’s advice. Or install a mains powered Z-wave device close to the lock. It has to be one that supports beaming and the encrypted protocol. Most Jasco?GE devices do so eg a plugin appliance module or dimmer? I have mains powered devices near all my locks (5 feet or even less) to ensure a stable route and connection.

I am having a similar problem w/ a Schlage FE599 lever lock that I just installed with a new Vera Plus - I linked the lock set w/ the Vera fine; I can lock/unlock the lock, add new pin codes, etc but I have the error message “Setting user configuration” in red with an exclamation mark. On the dashboard, the current status frequently changes back and forth from “Your installation is OK” to “1 device is no longer connected”; Any suggestions?
thanks

[quote=“ksdhillon, post:4, topic:182102”]I am having a similar problem w/ a Schlage FE599 lever lock that I just installed with a new Vera Plus - I linked the lock set w/ the Vera fine; I can lock/unlock the lock, add new pin codes, etc but I have the error message “Setting user configuration” in red with an exclamation mark. On the dashboard, the current status frequently changes back and forth from “Your installation is OK” to “1 device is no longer connected”; Any suggestions?
thanks[/quote]

What f/w are you on? The latest f/w is known to not work with Schlage locks and you’ll need to roll back.