'Schlage' button not working

I know this isn’t really a z-wave question, but I searched all over and I thought I would try here as well. As of Saturday, my Schlage touchscreen lock is having trouble recognizing when we press the ‘schlage’ button on the outside. It works, but only if we mess around with it. I have tried new batteries, but that doesnt’ seem to do it. The lock does work, and after you get it to recognize the ‘schlage’ button press, the numbers work fine as well.

Has anyone else had this issue? I’ve only had this Lock for 6-7 months. I’m gonna call in to Schlage support today, but I really wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience, or if maybe I have a dud.

Sounds to me that the lock is defective. Schlage would be your best option.

• Garrett

Thanks Garrett, I’ve already been calling them, but I keep getting “We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but we can’t take your call right now”. I figure it’s defective, at this point, i’m hoping that it’s not a common occurrence for these locks. Since I have had a hard time finding anyone else who has had this issue, my guess it that this rarely happens.

I’ve had two of these locks since since November, no issue like this. Post on their Facebook page that you can’t get through to support, they will respond immediately :wink:

They will also offer to replace, no questions asked (once you try some diagnostics with them).

Just a quick update. After trying to call Schlage for 2 days (their call centers in Kansas City were shut down due to weather*), I finally reached htem today. They agreed to just send me a whole new lock. They even said I could keep my old one and just put it on another door! I know the key pad doesn’t work, but I could put it on a back door and use it to monitor the status of the lock (which is a standard deadbolt now anyways). I’m also gonna see if I can’t just find the keypad somewhere or buy someone’s broken lock with a hopefully working keypad.

Needless to say, ^This is why I choose Schlage. Their support is awesome. I also don’t fault them for being shut down for 2 days. Employees are important to. I even love that it was an American that I spoke to (nothing against people of other nationalities, but in support cases, I prefer not having that language barrier that you run into with outsourced support).

So yeah… I’m a happy customer!

Glad to hear this. This is why also after my research on the technical aspects of the product, why I chose Schlage. Good people who just want the customer to be happy. Can’t put a price on that.

BTW, if anyone here on the forums has a dead schlage touchscreen deadbolt (where the screen likely works) I’d be willing to purchase it off them.