Schlage BE469NX deadbolt trigger not working

I’m trying to run a scene “Security Activate” which means arming all my sensors when I press the Lock button on the outside keypad of my Schlage BE469NX deadbolt. This makes sense to me, that I would only press that Lock button when I’m on the outside of the house and heading out.

The problem is that even though the Lock button is pressed and the deadbolt locks, the trigger is never fired so none of the sensors are armed.

Does anyone know why this “Lock button is pressed” trigger is not firing? How to fix it?

My other scene “Security Deactivate” which disarms all the sensors and fires when I put in my PIN code into the keypad of my Schlage deadbolt to unlock the deadbolt works perfectly fine.

You need to open a ticket with MCV, they’ve obviously missed something in proper device support in the UI7 implementation. I’m assuming you’re on UI7 from your screenshot.

OK, will do.

Still on UI5

OK, will do.

Still on UI5[/quote]

Are you using PLEG? Yeah, not sure how I missed that. Please let us know what MCV says.

Nope, not using PLEG. Haven’t looked into PLEG and what it can do.

This is a known issue that as far as I know MCV has no desire to fix it. I feel the same way about things like Motion sensors that have a “tamper” notification when the device is opened. The Vera ignores these as well. It’s quite frustrating that they say they support “all z-wave” devices (when they don’t), but even the ones they do, they don’t support 100%.

This is a known issue that as far as I know MCV has no desire to fix it. I feel the same way about things like Motion sensors that have a “tamper” notification when the device is opened. The Vera ignores these as well. It’s quite frustrating that they say they support “all z-wave” devices (when they don’t), but even the ones they do, they don’t support 100%.[/quote]

Yup, and users need to keep calling them out on their marketing lies. Don’t make claims you know that aren’t true.

Keep opening support tickets.

That’s a bummer. So to arm my system by running my Security Arm scene, I will have to do it through some other method (web, Autohomation app, etc) instead of using the very logical and convenient Lock button on the outside keypad of my Z-Wave deadbolt. Dang it.

I suppose I could try and use another trigger event, such as “Bad PIN Code entered” (if it works) to run my Security Arm scene from my Schlage BE469NX. This kinda makes sense to arm the system if a bad code is entered anyway.

That’s a bummer. So to arm my system by running my Security Arm scene, I will have to do it through some other method (web, Autohomation app, etc) instead of using the very logical and convenient Lock button on the outside keypad of my Z-Wave deadbolt. Dang it.

I suppose I could try and use another trigger event, such as “Bad PIN Code entered” (if it works) to run my Security Arm scene from my Schlage BE469NX. This kinda makes sense to arm the system if a bad code is entered anyway.[/quote]

There is a way to set up the lock to use a Pin to lock it from the outside. You could use that and use a “special” pin to do it (or check if the lock is now locked after the pin is entered instead of unlocked). I know some people do that. I think that’s kind of stupid because we should be able to use the existing notifications not do a work around. I would harass MCV about adding it in…maybe they can at least add it to UI7.

That said, I suppose that the Schlage locks actually don’t send this notification out and maybe it is there because another manufacturer’s locks do.

I suppose I could try and use another trigger event, such as “Bad PIN Code entered” (if it works) to run my Security Arm scene from my Schlage BE469NX. This kinda makes sense to arm the system if a bad code is entered anyway.[/quote]

There is a way to set up the lock to use a Pin to lock it from the outside. You could use that and use a “special” pin to do it (or check if the lock is now locked after the pin is entered instead of unlocked). I know some people do that. I think that’s kind of stupid because we should be able to use the existing notifications not do a work around. I would harass MCV about adding it in…maybe they can at least add it to UI7.

That said, I suppose that the Schlage locks actually don’t send this notification out and maybe it is there because another manufacturer’s locks do.[/quote]

You just triggered an idea in my head… I just took another look at the Z-wave documentation on this lock. I think I know how to make the outside lock function trigger something. I need to run some experiments. Will report back when I get a chance.

I get my Schlage 469 to notify Vera by using the “when locked or unlocked” option. A second screen will pop up asking to choose between lock or unlock.

Note that this will not send a message if the door is already locked.

Now all you have to figure out is how to determine when you are locking the door to leave, or locking the door when you are inside safely home. I personally solve this by pressing a specific scene button on a controller near the door as I am leaving. My cell phone is programmed to tell Vera I am back home by sending a message when it first reconnects to my home network.

[quote=“aa6vh, post:11, topic:184225”]I get my Schlage 469 to notify Vera by using the “when locked or unlocked” option. A second screen will pop up asking to choose between lock or unlock.

Note that this will not send a message if the door is already locked.

Now all you have to figure out is how to determine when you are locking the door to leave, or locking the door when you are inside safely home. I personally solve this by pressing a specific scene button on a controller near the door as I am leaving. My cell phone is programmed to tell Vera I am back home by sending a message when it first reconnects to my home network.[/quote]

The point is there is supposed to be a notification for “When the lock button is pressed” which is the external Schlage button. The assumption by myself and others is that this should fire when you lock the door by pressing the schlage button on the outside. This would differentiate it from locking it either by Vera or the internal knob.

I sure do not disagree. However, until they get around to fixing this…