Schlage BE469 lock re-calibration?

Hello All,

After pairing up the schlage lock to the veralite, the lock functions and locks the door. Vera displays unlocked when it is unlocked. Vera also activates the lock and displays that it is locked for a short period of time(a few sec) before going back to unlocked. The lock itself seems to need re-calibration of the end point because the knob returns back about 15 degrees after it pushes the bolt all the way.

Does anyone know how to re-calibrate the bolt slide without doing a full factory reset on the lock? Also would anyone know any other possible solutions?

Unfortunately I have not been able to yield anything via searching.

First guess I have would be that the lock could not extend fully. Try to lock door open to see how deep it goes and measure your hole.
Also for status polling the only issue I had so far was when I tried to push something from Vera that the unit does not like, vera was telling me unit was unresponsive. Doing an action on it would fix the communication.

When status shows unlock. Did you try to lock it to see was the deadbolt would do ?

Does the lock work properly (report the proper status, extent fully, etc) when the door is propped open? The answer to this could help answer as to where the problem lies.

Thank you guys for replying. I will have to see what happens when the door is open.

I should add that when the door is closed, I can rotate the knob as far counter clockwise as it can go, and the vera can read it as locked. The bolt extends to the left when on the inside.

It’s as if the bolt extends fully, but the mechanism in the lock retracts a little bit without pulling the bolt back at all. I should put up a video to show it.

Just for info, my Schlage motor seems to run twice when extending the bolt. I am not sure why the second motor run occurs, but it appears normal (happens on both of my locks).

Of course, running the lock while the door is propped open should be a good check.

[quote=“Midnight Runner, post:4, topic:183469”]Thank you guys for replying. I will have to see what happens when the door is open.

I should add that when the door is closed, I can rotate the knob as far counter clockwise as it can go, and the vera can read it as locked. The bolt extends to the left when on the inside.

It’s as if the bolt extends fully, but the mechanism in the lock retracts a little bit without pulling the bolt back at all. I should put up a video to show it.[/quote]

Can you lock the door with the key, and then remove the key (while keeping the door locked)? I had a bit of an issue setting up my Schlage lock and it turned out that I had put a piece in 180 degrees out of whack. I could lock it from the inside and with the key, but I couldn’t remove the key.