Scheduled closure of garage door

Greetings all,
I’ve got a Ecolink tilt sensor and a Zen 16 multirelay wired into my garage door. I use a Vera-Plus controller.
I’m having trouble scripting a scene that will check the status of the garage door at 11pm and close it if it is open. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a look at the reactor plugin. far superior to vera’s scenes
Also there is a garage door plugin.

Welcome to the community!
If you don’t want to learn Reactor, the only route is to write some code. A scene can be run if the code specified in “Also, execute the following Luup code:” returns true. So, schedule a scene at 11 PM, as action add “close the garage”, and then add this code to the aforementioned luup section:

local status = tonumber((luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", dID)))

return status == 1 -- 1 for open, 0 for closed

where dID in your code must be the device ID of your tilt sensor, as found on the settings page under your device. You can also write some logic to apply only if the door is closed by inverting it (ie: turn off the exterior lights only if garage door is closed, etc).

I looked into the Reactor plugin. I think I’ve got a few uses with other devices.
It looks like the garage door plugin will fit the bill. Is there a way to remove the pin code functions from it?

Thanks for the assistance.

I need to get my Luup education. I haven’t figured out how to code branches in it yet, but that would be a discussion in another category.

Sorry i have no idea, do not have a garage door. Someone who is using maybe able to answer that.

I use it with no codes at all. What are you reffering to?

The garage door add-in for Vera seems to be for a security pin door controller. It works, but I just ignore the pin codes part of it.