Scene Controller Backlight

I’m using Insteon 6-button Scene Controlers for my system, and have run into a very minor annoyance. When I activate a scene the button lights up (obviously), but for scenes that I don’t really toggle (like my “Night” button) I don’t want it to stay lit up. For now, we’re hitting the button twice just to deactivate it, but I was wondering if there’s any command I could put in that would deactivate the light either immediately after, or a short time after.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and sorry if this has been covered before. I couldn’t find anything when trying to search for an answer.

You can disable toggle mode on the KeypadLinc:

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?title=2486D_Manual#Changing_the_Button_Mode

Well, I feel a little stupid, but I’m happy to know the answer. Thank you! :slight_smile:

@mwbehr

i have not been able to get my insteon keypadlinc 8 button dimmer to work with vera, even with 1186 firmware.

are yours working properly?

could you tell me what you did to get the buttons to show up as scene controllers? i have followed the instruction at http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Insteon_Scene_Controllers, but no luck – and MCV told me it wont work until the next release.

thanks!

Well, I got 1 out of 3 working, and it was the only one that was a relay type instead of a dimmer model. It also reacted very different when adding it. It was like it was constantly trying to figure out what it was. Finally I decided to manually change the device type to BinaryLight. This identified it successfully, but then it automatically added the scene controller and the switch + scene controller. I counted myself lucky.

I’ve had no success so far with my Dimmable Keypadlincs other than there being a _scenecontroller listed when I go to chose a device when making a scene, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I’m also hoping this upcoming update will improve things.

Edit: Oh, and I did also have to add the modem as a link to each of the scene buttons to get them to be recognized when I pushed them