Samsung Smart TV app

Hi guys,

Is anyone working on an app currently for the Samsung Smart TV? I see that Samsung released a brilliant SDK for the Smart TV’s : http://developer.samsung.com/smarttv. Unfortunately I am not a programmer :frowning:

I think it will be a great addition to be able to control it from your tv and then also to possibly send notifications from Vera to your tv.

cheers

If you have a look in apps.mios.com you should find the Samsung app is already created and available.

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2248

Hi Brientim.

I saw that app and it’s great to control the Samsung TV from the Vera.

What I meant was an actual app on the TV to control the Vera. Would be nice to control the lights etc from the TV interface.

Have a look here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4513.15

Broken link removed…

Anyone have an update on this App?

I bought a new Samsung TV (UN40H5203) and app doesn’t work. Anyone using a newer 2014 tv “H” model with any apps?

I pretty sure I read somewhere that Samsung has not released the code for “H” models. My Android Smart TV Remote app still controls my “F” model but cannot see my newer “H” TV.

Anyway to confirm that the H version of the Samsung TV is not supported on the app yet?

Did you read the posts? It doesn’t work.

The way to confirm is try it.

Confirmed NOT working for Samsung UE55HU8500 - probably therefore not working for the rest of this range?

Control works fine through a Harmony Hub though - so that’s a potential workaround.

I have all the pieces because I was hoping I can use my TV to control my home via Vera. Therefore, I bought the actual TrickTV controller (OEM of Vera Lite), a Samsung F series TV, and a Harmony Hub Ultimate.

Using Harmony to control my AV components: Yes, no problem

Trying to install the TrickTV Samsung App at my TV: No good. I checked with both TrickTV and Vera support, they were claiming that my F series is “not supported”. I could not even search the app on my TV - it won’t return as a result. When I was talking to Vera support, they claim they might look into this again with the new UI7… but I don’t see anything yet, so I doubt it.

I am quite disappointed with this outcome because I really bought TrickTV controller and the Samsung TV for this intention - and it failed.

Right now, I “kind of” get around by getting a Raspberry Pi and install the app to control Vera, but it’s not the same. What I really want is, while watching TV at any source, I can pop-up a Vera console, overlaying on top of my current video source, which allows me to make some quick home control commands.

[quote=“jeff3lo, post:10, topic:174194”]I have all the pieces because I was hoping I can use my TV to control my home via Vera. Therefore, I bought the actual TrickTV controller (OEM of Vera Lite), a Samsung F series TV, and a Harmony Hub Ultimate.

Using Harmony to control my AV components: Yes, no problem

Trying to install the TrickTV Samsung App at my TV: No good. I checked with both TrickTV and Vera support, they were claiming that my F series is “not supported”. I could not even search the app on my TV - it won’t return as a result. When I was talking to Vera support, they claim they might look into this again with the new UI7… but I don’t see anything yet, so I doubt it.

I am quite disappointed with this outcome because I really bought TrickTV controller and the Samsung TV for this intention - and it failed.

Right now, I “kind of” get around by getting a Raspberry Pi and install the app to control Vera, but it’s not the same. What I really want is, while watching TV at any source, I can pop-up a Vera console, overlaying on top of my current video source, which allows me to make some quick home control commands.[/quote]

I can’t say on the f-series, but the H-series just doesn’t have IP control. Even samsungs on app doesn’t work. With the older tv’s samsung had apps as well as a bunch of universal apps that all used a general IP control. When H-series cam out they dropped that. Samsung currently says my TV (model posted above) doesn’t have app control, even tho it is WIFI and smart TV and has internet. So VERA and after market apps also don’t work with TV. It’s Samsungs fault not Vera or all these app manufactures.

The 8500 (I’m in Europe, so the model numbers are different, but I think it’s the same as the H-series HU9000) does have IP control, and works fine with various phone/ipad apps; maybe the API has changed for the latest model TVs?

New Samsung models have a different way to connect to the Samsung remote app.
Now you must pare your TV with your an code. This code appears when you want to connect your Samsung remote app to your TV. This is done due to some security improvements.

I think this new pare function is the problem. The Vera Samsung remote app dos not have this new pare function.