Samsung Galaxy Tab 2: Last Update Broke It

Hello,

The latest update of Home Buddy on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 broke Home Buddy. It now says “Refresh failed. Please check your settings. (Vera not selected. Please check your settings)”, and when I try to enter Setup, Home buddy crashes. It worked fine before…just used it yesterday. Here is my information:
Tablet Software Version: Android 4.0.4
Home Buddy Version: 0.36
Vera Firmware Version: 1.5.408

Home Buddy still works on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 phone with Android 2.3.4 and Home Buddy 0.35.

Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience… have you tried the instructions in the 2nd section on my troubleshooting page?

I hope that helps. Post back if you still have issues. Apologies in advance if I can’t respond in the next 2 weeks as I’ll be on vacation and will have limited internet access.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for not thinking to look at the troubleshooting page! I had previously attempted a full refresh, which did not work. Clearing the application data did fix it though, so now moving on to recreating all the shortcuts. Thanks for your help!

[quote=“rakstar, post:2, topic:172966”]Sorry for the inconvenience… have you tried the instructions in the 2nd section on my troubleshooting page?

I hope that helps. Post back if you still have issues. Apologies in advance if I can’t respond in the next 2 weeks as I’ll be on vacation and will have limited internet access.[/quote]

FYI, the 0.36 update was downloaded to my phone last night, and the data for Home Buddy had to be cleared on it too for the same error.

Didn’t help me either!!!

Android 4.03, stock Acer Iconia A500. I’m gettin’ REALLY hot under the collar with this App and its developer…

[quote=“JaseP, post:5, topic:172966”]Didn’t help me either!!!

Android 4.03, stock Acer Iconia A500. I’m gettin’ REALLY hot under the collar with this App and its developer…[/quote]

As a developer I want to chime in and state that rakstar provides this app free of charge to the community. He develops this app on his own personal free time. Posting in different threads posting your frustration and demanding having the problem fixed is not going to help you. Rakstar is not obligated to fix anything. However, he has been pretty responsive and quick to fix any issues that may arrise. I also believe that he is away for a few weeks on vacation, so he will not be able to provide any help until he gets back. It frustrates me to develop something and share it to the community for free and in turn having the community come back at you demanding this or that. I question why I even bother sometimes. I am sure other developers feel this way as well.

• Garrett

There are some very dedicated developers that put their heart and soul in to assisting other users and for the apps that are provided for free, unrestricted use and we should be both greatful and respectful. Simply I treat people the way, I want to be treated. Before I post, I ask one simple question - would I say this to someone or talk in such a way in person.

In addition, when someone else marks a thread as “Solved” it was referring to their issue. If you encounter the same issue, you can raise it again but the original poster has had their problem solved! It can be very confusing when a single problem is posted against multiple threads and it also makes it very hard for others to follow and if the problem is rectified, which is the right one to follow.

I have also seen this type of comment recently with IOS 6 release which has caused a large number of issues and several other apps have been affected. No-one is writting the nasty grams to Apple instead they are blaming the original developer that designed a product under then know conditions and the IOS 6 went and changed things… Same, same, MCV responsible for the firmware changes with certain new devices. We need to be a bit more real here.

I personally thank all developers for their efforts, time and apps even though I don’t use always them. This is because what they have brought to the community assist a great number of people. They perform a selfless act of kindness by providing what they do and I consider them all with very great respect. Thanks…

You really have two options as far as I see it:

1. Remove the app and do not use it anymore if you are really frustrated and do not like it now.
  2. Be patient, identify the error with sufficient details to assist the developer with the fault finding and wait until it is fixed… I think, he is allowed to have a holiday!