Rtsp Support for cameras

I’ve seen several ask about support for rtsp cameras in the video sub-forum but didn’t see an official answer. So I’m posting here.

I have 2 cameras with HTTP based streams and 2 with rtsp streams. The http streams are a no-brainer but can’t get the rtsp camera streams to work. Does Vera support rtsp cameras (I’m using a VeraSecure) without having to use in intermediary?

Thank you

I do not believe is can. I gave up years ago and use Blue Iris.

Thanks for the response. I’m hoping for something official from the Vera people.

Thanks for the response. I’m hoping for something official from the Vera people.
[/quote]

I take that as a No?

I agree with Don.

Stick with http for Vera.

& Use Blue Iris…

RTSP support is there but it’s not global. It’s only implemented for Vistacam cameras.

Instead of individually working for each of the third party cameras, R&D is considering and analyzing implementation of ONVIF , for broader camera support.

+1 for Onvif

Ditto here

[quote=“John M., post:6, topic:196897”]RTSP support is there but it’s not global. It’s only implemented for Vistacam cameras.

Instead of individually working for each of the third party cameras, R&D is considering and analyzing implementation of ONVIF , for broader camera support.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your response! I too will cast my vote for ONVIF as all my cameras fully support the protocol. Now I will get to work hacking the Vistacam implementations to see if I can finagle one to work with a batch of camera’s from China. Using URLHelper I discovered the following rstp feed on the cameras:

rtsp://username:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/ch01.264

Let’s see if I can make it work with an existing Vistacam . . . .

Typically that rtsp link is unique to each camera.

Be sure you know or set your open port on your camera for rtsp…

[quote=“additude, post:10, topic:196897”]Typically that rtsp link is unique to each camera.

Be sure you know or set your open port on your camera for rtsp…[/quote]

Already done. :slight_smile:

TCP/IP and rtsp literate.

Thanks!

I spent weeks dinking with RTSP on my Chinese camera and trying to get them to work before switching to Blue Iris.

As you managed to configure rtsp in truth, you can help me I have the same problem. Thank you