Root cause of "ERROR : Error in lua for scenes and events"?

Basically, out of nowhere, this error has starting showing up in my controller. Generally, things seem to be working as they always have, and I have not made any changes to the system. What’s the quickest way for me to track this down to WHICH scene has the error as I do use LUA in some of my scenes?

Have you tried rebooting? Perhaps it is a memory issue.

[quote=“ember1205, post:1, topic:196260”]Basically, out of nowhere, this error has starting showing up in my controller. Generally, things seem to be working as they always have, and I have not made any changes to the system. What’s the quickest way for me to track this down to WHICH scene has the error as I do use LUA in some of my scenes?[/quote]Have you looked at this thread by akbooer: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48749.msg320046.html#msg320046 Maybe it could be used to scan your code. There are some other good replies in that chain as well.

Should have pointed out that the system reboots itself every morning (3:45AM) but I also restarted the controller when I saw the error as well. It persisted.

Thanks for the link. There was a post in that thread that mentioned a known bug with the iOS app in that it corrupts a scene if you disable it from the app. Well, guess what? I disabled a scene yesterday in exactly that way and now that scene has corrupt LUA shown in the GUI.

I’ve added devices since my last backup. If I restore back to a previous backup to get the LUA code and then restore back “forward” to a current backup, will my device be back in the exact state it is right now?

I’d like to revert back, copy out the good LUA code, restore back to current state, then paste in the correct code. I don’t want to lose the changes I’ve made in between.

Is there a way that I can un-tar the backup file and get the native LUA code directly? I don’t see anything obvious as to where it’s stored.