Roku 3 control and scenes based on it

I am sure I am not the first one but I cant seem to find any way to trigger scenes based on what Roku 3 is doing. Does Roku 3 not offer that update? I thought it could be controlled/queried through REST APIs?

Basically, I want to control lights based on what Roku is doing and pause it if doorbell rings and stuff like that.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

-AM

If you are using Roku 3 I would suggest looking at emby media server as a backend. I have written a simple and effective emby plugin that triggers Vera events based on playback.

I could try and build a plugin in reverse.

Thanks for your response. I am not really looking to run any other frontend or media server. I already have XBMC for my local media.

We use Roku3 for Netflix/Amazon/HBO and sling channels (cut the cord).

Vera knows what to do when I am watching XBMC and I was hoping to do the same thing with Roku3.

-AM

I know the Roku3 can be controlled easily by IP - I am using iRule and their pre-configured IP commands to do just that.

But there are no “feedbacks” (in IRule parlance) built for the Roku in iRule to query status…

It looks like there are some in the documentation, but maybe just a channel list?.. Roku