RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released

Just clear your WEB browser cache and new devices should probably appear.

[sub][/sub][quote=“Nexauser, post:19, topic:183577”]I have pre-beta v69 installed on UI5. How can I install beta 3 and still keep my devicec?[/quote]

As usual, just upload the new files and reload.

[quote=“mixedup, post:18, topic:183577”]This sounds really good noting I can’t find any Zwave/VeraLite pool/spa temperature sensors at the moment. Can I ask a few questions:

a) One would choose the RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz unit to purchase to match the frequency of a WT0122 (temperature sensor) correct?

b) I can’t see where to buy a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz in Australia. Any issues do you think if I order from overseas (Europe) and use in Australia?

c) Is it OK to buy a USB extension board to put more than one USB device into the VeraLite? i.e. I’d be adding RFXtrx433E as well as my CurrentCost connection (for solar generation / power usage monitoring)

d) Wondering if the WT0122 signal from the backyard will make it to where my VeraLite currently is, which is kind of in a room on the front side of the house (brick house), so effectively a couple of rooms to pass through. Any options here besides having to relocate where my Veralite is?

thanks[/quote]

Yes wt0122 is compatible with RFXtrx433 and also my plugin. As RFXtrx is just an USB device, you can certainly buy it in Europe. You can use a hub if you have several USB devices to connect to the Vera but be careful to choose one compatible with the Vera.

Wow thanks, that did it :slight_smile:

OK, I need help… Trying to use Rollertrol shades in a new setup running UI7. Has anyone verified that they work with the Beta 3 load? Followed all the instructions, and I can get devices to pop up with names like “RFX Window B0/005438/02”, but none of the commands have any effect.

Another clue is that under “Managed Devices”, when I select that line, the only command listed under the command pulldown is “Confirm pair”.

Any idea?

Also, I’ve been having difficulty with the RFTrx Settings tab. It’s difficult to tell what’s enabled, but I assume if they don’t change to light green when you mouseover, they are already in that state. Assuming that’s the case, I have a hard time getting changes to stick. If I save changes, they’ll often revert back to what I had before. Right now I’m running with just the Hasta/Rollertrol enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated, as these blinds are the main reason I bought the Veralite!

Hello!
I have installed 1.7.439 and tag “beta3”. I also have RFXtrx433E. My problem is the buttons Enable / Disable in “RFXtrx settings” from Devices / RFXtrx Controller Device. I can not see if the protocol is Enabled or if its Disabled. When I hoover over the buttons, the selected status are highlighted. It looks like I can change 5 of the protocols status, and then it is full stop. When I press Save RFXtrx I get no confirmation if the Write was successfull. I have not got the plugin to Automatic find my itmes. I have 4 WT450H temperature sensors that should be covered in “beta3”.
Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

[quote=“nautic, post:26, topic:183577”]Hello!
I have installed 1.7.439 and tag “beta3”. I also have RFXtrx433E. My problem is the buttons Enable / Disable in “RFXtrx settings” from Devices / RFXtrx Controller Device. I can not see if the protocol is Enabled or if its Disabled.[/quote]

Try to refresh your WEB browser cache if you did not do it after
If not, that could a new bug introduced by Vera Control in version 1.7.439.

When I hoover over the buttons, the selected status are highlighted. It looks like I can change 5 of the protocols status, and then it is full stop. When I press Save RFXtrx I get no confirmation if the Write was successfull.

Yes, that is true, there is only a message logged, maybe (I don’t remember) a message in the list of messages in the top center zone.

I have not got the plugin to Automatic find my itmes. I have 4 WT450H temperature sensors that should be covered in "beta3". Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

That might be a consequence of your unexplained difficulty to setup receiving protocols.

Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly. Also running 1.7.439. But even “flying blind” I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device. But no functionality. And as I said above, in the Managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is “Confirm Pair”.

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5? I’ve already tried that and failed, presumably because of the “upgrade flag” thing on this new device. Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera…

@lolodomo, any thoughts?
Anyone else having any luck with Rollertrol on any version of UI7?

Thanks!

I’m on firmware version 1.6.641 with my VeraLite…will this plugin work OK for me on this version? I’m not sure what UI version I am running when people talk about this, however in my URL to the advance interface it has “/cmh_ui6/”?

(I note on the plugin info tab it hasn’t been modified since Feb 2012)

Update: I just noted this was a “beta” thread - my question was actually just about installing the current version of the plugin via my VeraLite which says it’s version 1.1 of the plugin, and whether this will work for me…

[quote=“egman, post:28, topic:183577”]Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly. Also running 1.7.439. But even “flying blind” I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device. But no functionality. And as I said above, in the Managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is “Confirm Pair”.

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5? I’ve already tried that and failed, presumably because of the “upgrade flag” thing on this new device. Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera…

@lolodomo, any thoughts?

Thanks![/quote]

Only “confirm pair” command for rollertrol in the managed devices is normal.

[quote=“mixedup, post:29, topic:183577”]I’m on firmware version 1.6.641 with my VeraLite…will this plugin work OK for me on this version? I’m not sure what UI version I am running when people talk about this, however in my URL to the advance interface it has “/cmh_ui6/”?

(I note on the plugin info tab it hasn’t been modified since Feb 2012)

Update: I just noted this was a “beta” thread - my question was actually just about installing the current version of the plugin via my VeraLite which says it’s version 1.1 of the plugin, and whether this will work for me…[/quote]

You are running UI6.

I never released any 1.1 version of my plugin. The last version is tagged beta 3.

A little bit off topic but I have great fear in moving to UI7 is everything working fine on it already??
I tried UI6 once and it was a mess. :-/
What was/were the reasons you moved to UI7?
Thanks

PS: thanks for the great job btw!!

@nautic: please check your logs at lua startup searching for RFCxtrx lines. You will see what are the protocols enabled.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:31, topic:183577”]I never released any 1.1 version of my plugin. The last version is tagged beta 3.[/quote]oh…it’s just when I go to add apps (http://10.0.0.135/cmh_ui6/) I see version 1.1 in the version column for the RFXCOM Gateway plugin…is this the one?

UPDATE: Oh I see I’m getting mixed up between the older thread associated with the market place version and this “beta 3” version that’s not on the market place (I think). Any advice in terms of which one I should be trying? (i.e. noting I’m on UI6?)

[quote=“mixedup, post:34, topic:183577”][quote=“lolodomo, post:31, topic:183577”]I never released any 1.1 version of my plugin. The last version is tagged beta 3.[/quote]oh…it’s just when I go to add apps (http://10.0.0.135/cmh_ui6/) I see version 1.1 in the version column for the RFXCOM Gateway plugin…is this the one?

UPDATE: Oh I see I’m getting mixed up between the older thread associated with the market place version and this “beta 3” version that’s not on the market place (I think). Any advice in terms of which one I should be trying? (i.e. noting I’m on UI6?)[/quote]

You are just using another plugin than mine. Sorry I cannot help on the other plugin, and that is not the right place to discuss about the other plugin.

RFXCOM plugin is for the RFXlan product.
RFXtrx plugin is for the RFXtrx product.

First question: what product are you using ?

Sorry. Confusing myself here. I’ve ordered a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz.

So its this/your plugin I should use lolodomo?

[quote=“hyzteric, post:32, topic:183577”]A little bit off topic but I have great fear in moving to UI7 is everything working fine on it already??
I tried UI6 once and it was a mess. :-/
What was/were the reasons you moved to UI7?
Thanks

PS: thanks for the great job btw!![/quote]

The plugin is working perfectly with UI7 1.7.388. I have not tested with 1.7.439.

More generally on UI7, you have to go through all the other sections of the forum to make your idea. Checking the changelog of version 1.7.437, it looks like a lot of bugs were fixed. Unfortunately it might remain few critical bugs (just an hypothesis as I have not tested myself version 1.7.439) that contrained me to downgrade to UI5.
The reason to upgrade to UI7 is that the user interface is better (personal point of view), few features were added (modes) and UI5 is the past while UI7 is the future for almost everybody.

[quote=“mixedup, post:36, topic:183577”]Sorry. Confusing myself here. I’ve ordered a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz.

So its this/your plugin I should use lolodomo?[/quote]

Absolutely. In this case, install the right plugin (version beta 3) and do the setup (serial port configuration in particular).
I have no precise feedback from users running UI6, but it should probably work.
I have myself only tested with UI5 (1.5.622) and UI7 (1.7.388).

Actually I have the unit, but the sensors haven’t arrived yet. Could I try it now?

[quote=“lolodomo, post:30, topic:183577”][quote=“egman, post:28, topic:183577”]Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly. Also running 1.7.439. But even “flying blind” I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device. But no functionality. And as I said, in managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is “Confirm Pair”.

@lolodomo, any thoughts?

Thanks![/quote]

Only “confirm pair” command for rollertrol in the managed devices is normal.[/quote]

So any thoughts on why I get no function after adding these devices?