Rfx433

Hi, I’m new to the forum and stuck already ??? I think I’ve installed the Rfx plug-in (Vera lite) and it shows under devices. I can’t see how to configure it through Vera!? :-[ I’ve found a few posts saying how to add lightwaverf but think I need to sort configuration out first so any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks, Chris

You can have a look here:

[url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx/wiki/WikiStart#InstallationSetup]RFXtrx Gateway

or there is a section dedicated to the Rfxtrx here:

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,45.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,45.0.html[/url]

If you still have problems, post in that subforum, you’ll find plenty of help. I am not sure exactly where your problem is, what you need to configure otherwise i would try to help directly. But maybe the links will help

Hi, thanks for the links but I’ve already looked on those. I’d got a bit confused when uploading luup files for the RFx and have ended up with duplicate files but can’t see how to delete any, don’t know if that could be the problem. Thing is, although the RFx shows in Devices and I have pinned it to the Dashboard, the only thing I can open is from the settings spanner icon and I have no idea and can’t find anywhere what, if anything should be in the fields;

Device #6
Controlled via No parent/Please select
Device params
name
device_type
altid
ip
mac
manufacturer
model
room_num
id_parent
embedded
disabled
restricted
device_file
id
time_created
plugin
impl_file
room
onDashboard
local_udn
Variables
CommFailure
AutoConfigure
LastUpdate
portRead
portWrite
AutoCreate
IODevice
New service:
New variable:
New value:

Some are ‘auto-filled’ presumably by the plug-in. I can’t see any other menus in RFx to set up e.g. a light, enable/disable protocols and so on. Anyway, I will post in the sub-forum as suggested and thanks again for the pointers.

If you click on the spanner, then under settings you should have all the protocols to enable/disable, and further down you can create your x10 or LightwaveRF devices and others. Other devices are auto created, for example Oregon weather sensors, temperature sensors… they should just show up as new devices after running for a little while

Hi, thanks but the list I put in the last post is all I have!? ??? There are no other fields…

Thats from the advanced tab. Is there nothing filled in the advanced tab ? Also there should be a settings tab on the top. If there isnt and the advanced tab is mostly blank, you might have to reinstall the plugin, then something must have gone wrong with the installation i think

Yep, that’s copied from the advance tab!? Should the “Controlled via” pull down menu at the top be set only when I selected “zwave” it asks if I’m sure I want to do that as it might brick the vera!? ???

Leave it as Controlled via No parent/Please select, that is right. If the fields next to the descriptions in advanced are empty try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin. This is what mine looks like and then all of the protocols near the bottom have 0 or 1 for enabled/disabled. This just gives you an idea of what it should look like if correctly installed

Room: no room
RFXtrx controller device
Settings
Advanced
Device #162
Controlled via No parent/Please select
Device params
name RFXtrx controller device
device_type urn:schemas-rfxcom-com:device:rfxtrx:1
altid
ip
mac
manufacturer
model
room_num
id_parent
embedded
disabled
restricted
device_file D_RFXtrx.xml
id 162
room 0
impl_file
time_created 1371328847
onDashboard
local_udn uuid:4d494342-5342-5645-00a2-00000217a516
Variables
CommFailure 1
IODevice 321
LastUpdate 0
PluginVersion alpha 8
DisabledDevices
ADReceiving
ATIReceiving
Lighting4Receiving
CelciusTemp
X10Receiving
AutoCreate
BlindsT0Receiving
RubicsonReceiving
MeiantechReceiving
KmhSpeed
ACReceiving
MertikReceiving
HEUReceiving
FS20Receiving
ProGuardReceiving
VisonicReceiving
AEReceiving
ARCReceiving
OregonReceiving
HidekiReceiving
LaCrosseReceiving
BlindsT1Receiving
FineOffsetReceiving
NbrDevices
LastReceivedMsg 10 56 02 0C 5B 00 00 00 00 04 00 07 00 00 00 7F 69
FirmwareVersion
AutoRainStats
DefaultWindUnit
CurrentTRainHourStart
CurrentTRainDayStart
New service:
New variable:
New value:

Thanks mate for perserveering with me :slight_smile: I’ve been pereservering too and think I’m finally getting somewhere, phew ;D I was previously tring to install RFxCom not RFxtrx!!! D’Oh! This seems to be installed ok and I have just managed to add a switch (RFX Light L5) and trying to see how I set it up/pair with a lightwave switch so back to trolling the forums… I’d set RFxtrx to auto but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Thanks again for your help and any more pointers would be appreciated… ;D