Return to Previous Setting and Scene Priority

Hi!

I’m a new MCV Vera user and I have successfully deployed a number of GE / Jasco dimmer switches and also a motion sensor. I believe I really have two different questions related to my simple use-case.

1. The UI5 light object has a small red curved arrow that appears once I’ve added delays in a scene. I’m assuming that this is the equivalent of “return to previous” setting of the device. I’ve not been able to find any documentation, but this appears to be how it works and my next question is based on this understanding. Is my understand correct?

2. What happens if two scenes are controlling the same device? Here is my use-case:

SCENE SUNSET

[ul][li]Lights A, B, C & D are set to 100%[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]After 1 hour Lights A, B, C, & D are set to 50%[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]After another 30 minutes Lights A, B, C, & D are set to 25%[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]After another 30 minutes Lights A, B, C & D are set to revert to the previous setting[/li][/ul]

SCENE MOTION

[ul][li]If my Armed Motion Sensor is tripped, then turn on Lights A & B to 100% (no action is taken on Lights C & D)[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]After 5 minutes revert Lights A & B to previous setting[/li][/ul]

Both scenes seem to work as described - except if the motion is triggered during the period when the SUNSET SCENE is active. I’ve done some troubleshooting and it appears that the SUNSET SCENE is still controlling Lights C & D, while A & B revert to where they were in the SUNSET SCENE (100%, 50%, or 25%) and stay there indefinitely instead of getting turned off by the last timer that turns off C & D.

I’m thinking that the first Scene stops once the second Scene modifies the light setting, but I haven’t fully proved this theory.

I’ve searched the forum and I haven’t been able to find an answer to these questions. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

–Joe