Replacing one zwave switch/controller with another - dumb question

I’m starting to move to a Tablet mounted system… more control, and cheaper than my current Leviton controllers. And honestly, more reliable. that aside…

I want to replace some of my Leviton scene controllers with a local GE Zwave dimmer. My question is… can I just delete the Leviton from my VL dashboard, and then add the new dimmer? Or, should I exclude the Leviton first? Pros and cons?

Thanks?

Zwave devices must be excluded from the system using the zwave exclusion process if you want to remove them from the system.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:182237”]Zwave devices must be excluded from the system using the zwave exclusion process if you want to remove them from the system.

• Garrett[/quote]

OK… thanks. quick clarifying question. I excluded the Leviton using the normal process, both for the local load (holding down buttons 1 and 3), and the scene controller (2 and 4), and got the rapid light blink confirmation on Vera.

However, on the dashboard, they both still show up, although control does not work. Assume I can just delete them now from my dashboard and am done? or did I miss something?

Did you reboot vera and do a control F5 on your browser?

Yes, as I did the exclusion locally so I had to repower the Vera when I reconnected.

Seems to be fine… but i’m curious if I left something in the Database, etc. I have another one of these switches I want to swap out and want to make sure i’m not screwing something up.