Remove Dead Device

Hi

I had a faulty device that I returned to my supplier and need to now remove it from Vera. I had seen a “Permanently Remove Dead Device” button somewhere in Dashboard before in UI4 v1047 (which was very unreliable for me). I have upgraded to v1186 which is working great but I cant’ find this feature anywhere now.

Can anyone point me to the right place.

Thanks
Tom

That button has been removed. If you are lucky then you can use the delete button on the device itself as this is supposed to the the way it works now… however I have a similar problem with a device and when I try it, and it wont delete because the engine restarts :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that as well with no luck. I guess it will have to stay in my Dashboard’s “Morgue” for now.

Tom

I sent the log files and a backup of my config to MCV but didn’t hear anything back yet.

Click on the wrench for the dead device. Then click on the garbage can on the upper right corner. You will be in the “Zwave Device” tab and you will see a button “Permanently remove dead node” click on this.

[quote=“MP_777, post:5, topic:167727”]Click on the wrench for the dead device. Then click on the garbage can on the upper right corner. You will be in the “Zwave Device” tab and you will see a button “Permanently remove dead node” click on this.[/quote]Which firmware version are you using?

I’m using 1183.

So I think the remove dead node was taken out in 1186 which is why you have it.

I’m on 1183 as well and I’m having the same issue the “remove dead node” button is no longer there. It was on 1047 but it was removed.

My problem is that one of my nodes is actually dead, so no chance to use its pairing button. Any clue??

CORRECTION: I have two Veras and FW 1183 has the “remove dead node button” the one that doesn’t have the button is FW 1186

I am on 1183. Mine look like MP_777 says.

You are right, I have one Vera with 1183 and it has the remove dead node button, but my other Vera running F/W 1186 doesn’t have it.

posting this here because it is the first hit on google.

To remove a dead node from vera lite:
http://:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=

Oh, and by the way, the world’s largest mammal is the blue whale.
Whatever other answer is the forum registration database is wrong.