Remotely access Veralite on backup isp

Hi,

I have a veralite on ui5, behind a tplink dual wan router.
All devices are backed up on UPS.
During power failure my primary (cable) connection fails and the router switches over to my adsl backup.
The Vera remains powered on, all lights are lit, and device works fine on wifi. However, I cannot connect to it remotely, using cpmios, or imperihome.

I’m wondering if the unit does not detect the new IP address and sync to the mios server…?

Anybody has any ideas ?

Bump. No one has encountered this?

VPN
tplink- garbage
Cisco rulez )

[quote=“Chriskenc, post:1, topic:193944”]Hi,

I have a veralite on ui5, behind a tplink dual wan router.
All devices are backed up on UPS.
During power failure my primary (cable) connection fails and the router switches over to my adsl backup.
The Vera remains powered on, all lights are lit, and device works fine on wifi. However, I cannot connect to it remotely, using cpmios, or imperihome.

I’m wondering if the unit does not detect the new IP address and sync to the mios server…?

Anybody has any ideas ?[/quote]

Are you in the location with the Vera when this happens, or is this for a remote property? Presuming it’s for a home you’re not generally at if remote access is your issue.

I have a similar setup in a weekend home, but also have a second Vera unit connected via a ZTE hotspot - I only use this second Vera to control the outlet that my cable modem/router/vera are plugged into. So I can effect a reboot remotely. My dual-wan router also uses the 4g connection as a backup but I’ve not observed Vera reconnecting through it, so I use the second Vera to restart things.

Hope this sparks some solution for you.

You could install a RaspberryPI device to run Apache on, then use that with authentication to protect the VERA. Access the router on a specific port, have it forward to the Apache instance, you get challenged for a username/password combo, it then forwards you to the VERA.

Thanks for the feedback, jaccord. This is my home. But if power goes while I am out i cannot connect to vera.
The vera has internet through the backup connection, but mios can’t find / connect to it. Effectively, the only thing that changes is my public IP address. But mios doesnt seem to get that new ip.

I guess I may have to setup a vpn to connect to it, or try ember1205 suggestion.