Remote button to activate a scene...later

Is it possible to have a scene run only when you pre-activate it…from a remote.

Here’s specifically what I’m asking. My wife and I don’t have the same morning routines every day, most days we get up at the same time but one or two days a week one of us gets to sleep in a bit or has to get up before the other, so creating a “Morning” scene can be a bit tricky. Remembering to activate that scene and shutting it off when it is and isn’t needed isn’t very practical so I’d like to find a way to trigger a scene the night before, which you can do if you trigger it the same time the night before (just put a delay on it) but what if you don’t go to bed at the same time every night? I would like to use a minimote or a Levitan controller to fire this scene if possible…is it possible?

What if you create an State Device and trigger the morning scene if and only if the virtual device is on. You can set this device to off (let’s say at noon) in other scene so your last night switch only has effect on the next morning. Finally, you can set the virtual device state to on either through Mios interface or with a control button and an associated scene.

My description is a complete mess :), maybe somebody else has a more “prompt” solution :wink:

A neat UI for this would be to use a Leviton 4 button scene controller. This controller would not directly control any real lights. Instead, each button would correspond to one flavor of morning schedule. Every day at noon, a timed scene would select the next day’s schedule and light the appropriate LED. This timed scene would guess about tomorrow’s schedule (for example it might guess differently on the weekend). Any time after noon, if you hit a button, it would override the guess, enable the selected morning scene, light the appropriate LED, and turin off the other LEDs.

I haven’t done this, but a virtual device that can be dimmed might do the trick. Each button of the controller would just set the virtual device to some specific level (top button 10%, next button 20%, etc.). Leviton LED convention is that for scene controllers, the LED is on when all lights in the scene attached to the button are at the levels programmed into that scene for that light.

The morning scenes would then do stuff like: if the virtual device is at 10%, do this, if it’s at 20%, do that, otherwise do this other thing. This might require writing LUA code.

A 4 button controller could support 5 different morning scenes (4 buttons plus one “none of the above”). You get a “none of the above” condition whenever you turn a scene off (hitting a button that has the LED on) or set the virtual device to an intermediate level (hitting the up/down button at the bottom of the controller). If you don’t need 5 distinct morning scenes, you could use some of the buttons on the controller to control other stuff.

[quote=“steveg, post:3, topic:167705”]A neat UI for this would be to use a Leviton 4 button scene controller. This controller would not directly control any real lights. Instead, each button would correspond to one flavor of morning schedule. Every day at noon, a timed scene would select the next day’s schedule and light the appropriate LED. This timed scene would guess about tomorrow’s schedule (for example it might guess differently on the weekend). Any time after noon, if you hit a button, it would override the guess, enable the selected morning scene, light the appropriate LED, and turin off the other LEDs.

I haven’t done this, but a virtual device that can be dimmed might do the trick. Each button of the controller would just set the virtual device to some specific level (top button 10%, next button 20%, etc.). Leviton LED convention is that for scene controllers, the LED is on when all lights in the scene attached to the button are at the levels programmed into that scene for that light.

The morning scenes would then do stuff like: if the virtual device is at 10%, do this, if it’s at 20%, do that, otherwise do this other thing. This might require writing LUA code.

A 4 button controller could support 5 different morning scenes (4 buttons plus one “none of the above”). You get a “none of the above” condition whenever you turn a scene off (hitting a button that has the LED on) or set the virtual device to an intermediate level (hitting the up/down button at the bottom of the controller). If you don’t need 5 distinct morning scenes, you could use some of the buttons on the controller to control other stuff.[/quote]

Ok, I like the idea of using a Leviton 4 button because I happen to have one in my bedroom that wouldn’t connect to Vera but I haven’t messed with in months. I could see if I can get it connected now with the new firmware.

I guess what I’m not clear on is how to activate a scene with a button. If this were possible, could someone walk me through it?