Release Notes - EzVidoo pre-beta v.0.7.0

Hi everyone,

We’ve released a new **EzVidoo release v.0.7.0 **

You can download it both for Windows or Linux under its homepage. www.ezvidoo.com

EzVidoo is a full-blown CCTV capability that has a hub running in it that can run both in Windows and Linux environments. It is FREE to install and use it locally on your own computers!

EzVidoo is the Next gen CCTV because it has a hub built-in. So with EzVidoo you can run Ezlo hub firmware on your own PC. You can also transform any IP camera that supports RTSP protocol into a motion detection trigger device for your smart home system. World’s first Free CCTV software that has a full blown Hub Firmware built in running both windows or linux.

New Features

• Hardware accelerated video decoding in both Windows/Linux
  • GUI app for linux
  • deb installer for linux
  • architectural improvements
  • Improved onboarding flow, auto virtual hub creation

Fixes

• list of Cameras not updated after adding
  • Some icos are cut-off
  • Blank page after authorization
  • Blank page after end of the session
  • one camera can be added twice
  • no validation for camera name
  • after error, cannot input to form again
  • missing camera status
  • video stream frozen at start
  • filters in live video not working
  • activity zones are not implemented
  • filtering motions not working- by camera works
  • find camera not working
  • infinite errors when 2 windows started
  • infinite errors when uninstalling the app
  • error messages disappear quickly
  • refresh tokens expire create authorization errors
  • cannot stream to mobile after restart of app/computer(vhub side)
  • improved image size, binary size
  • remember me is not working
  • added logout to clear remember me
  • removed non existing filters in histories
  • removed non existing filters in clips
  • removed non existing filters in activities
  • Windows/GUI updated as promised based async
  • reset filters not working in activties
  • reset filters not working in clips/histories
  • set timezone of videobox
  • removed provision page
  • camera drop-downs not working after filter(shows 0)
  • fixed auto deletion of video files in end retention period
  • default retention type updated to 3days.
  • cannot create account if dont have physical controller
3 Likes

Hi

Are there any installation instructions for Linux Ubuntu ?

Thanks

1 Like

On Windows 10, I uninstalled the previous version of Vidoo and Virtual Box and removed the existing Vidoo controller from my Vera account.

I then installed the msi and ran the Vidoo app, installed Virtual Box and restarted the PC.

The version of Virtual Box that it downloaded for me was: VirtualBox-6.1.22-144080-Win.exe

Launched the Vidoo app again and it opened Virtual Box application. I then see this prompt. I clicked OK.

The VM could then be seen up and running and in the Vidoo app I then saw a login screen.

Logged in with my Vera account username and password, the little eye icon still doesn’t work to show the password.

Looks like its remembered some settings from the previous installation, as I have two of my cameras already added in the Cameras and Live Video area.

I played one of my Hikvision cameras and the PC’s CPU is still pegged at 100% is there a setting to enable for hardware decoding? I can’t see any settings at all for the Vidoo app?

I then played another Ezviz cam and that pegs the CPU at 100% also.

How does one now add the virtual controller to the Vera account?

Thanks

1 Like

Selecting “Refresh” from the “Refresh” menu logs you out and your username is not remembered even though I ticked the box that says “Remember Me”.

Is it expected that doing a refresh of the app logs you out?

Looking at my Vera account at https://home.getvera.com/ I can see no new Vidoo Controller in there listed.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @cw-kid

sure there is a readme file inside the zipped installation files. I’m putting it also here for easy access

Nope, Refresh should not log you out, we are looking into that right now. We will check also remember me section.
Thanks a lot for your input.

Great thanks.

How about the CPU load? I was hoping that might have been fixed…

EDIT: Actually CPU is at 100% just with the Vidoo app opened and sat on the Activities screen, never mind playing back live video feeds off the camera.